25.

The next day when I joined office early than the others, I caught Silver sitting on the stool beside the receptionist desk

The next day when I joined office early than the others, I caught Silver sitting on the stool beside the receptionist desk. Gentle sunlight was making her lovely face glint. In her hand there was a cup, through which wisp of thick steam was coming up and disappearing in the air.

I'd never seen her so early in the office before. Even I hadn't seen her so tensed before. Whenever I would see her, I would see a lively smile on her pretty face, but today she wasn't the same. Something was lacking in her, something big, like her usual carefree persona.

Was Andrew the reason behind it?

My last night's conversation with Ruin was still fresh in my mind. Now that I had something about Andrew, I had to go in deeper in it. Yes, of course, it was risky, but still I felt it was vital. Someone had to break the base of Andrew's territory. Ruin had already decided to keep his sceptical eyes on him. As he was then bodyguard of the evil, he had to maintain some care, but I knew he was smart in doing things discreetly.

Today when he kissed me on my forehead, and bid me goodbye for a month, we both had tears in our eyes, and its reason was Andrew.

I jerked out of my thoughts when Silver's confused eyes landed on me. Her trimmed eyebrow knitted together and then she sighed, directing her gaze back at some kind of beverage which she was having.

"Why so early today?" she asked me, after sipping on the beverage. Savoring its taste in her mouth, she licked her lips and sipped the drink once again.

Clicks of my heels reverberated in the empty hall as I made my way towards her; my steps little hesitant though. After previous night's information about her and Andrew, I had different view about her. It was true that I didn't have good talks with her, but still she was one of my colleagues, so random sharing of smiles was common thing.

As she didn't get any answer from me, she asked me another question. "Didn't get sleep last night?"

I hadn't even expect those two questions from her. This was the first time she was talking to me, and I didn't have an urge to answer her any question. I just wanted to ask her questions. But how? What questions shall I ask her first? I flustered.

"Um did you get the sleep last night?" I pulled the stood in front of her. As the metal creaked against the floor, Silver lifted her eyelids and gave me a tight, sullen smile, now holding her cup in both hands. Some thoughts appeared whirling her weary eyes. It was hard to miss tiny red threads in her eyes. She had asked me whether I had a good sleep or not, but here she was the one who seemed didn't get a proper sleep.

"One of our colleagues have killed another one, is it a pleasant thing to digest, Heather?" I didn't know why but I caught venom in her tone directed at me. Some kind of hatred was there in her eyes for me. I thought, she didn't want to talk with me. But I wanted to talk with her. I wanted to remain close to her to find the truth behind the relationship between her and Andrew.