34.

My scream ricocheted off the walls of Silver's room. Holding my aching head, I cried, staring at my face, which was now filled with thousand scars.

How it happened? Who did it? And why?

"Have some breath, Heather," Silver cooed, holding me closer to her chest, wrapping me in her warmth -- I needed it. Through my hiccups and blurry vision, I noticed Lara standing near the door with concern curtaining all over her face.

Didn't she notice the scars? If she did, why she didn't mention about it to me? Oh god, what if she was the one who did it?

No, she would not do it, when she wanted to help me.

"Please, stop crying, Heath." My eyes shut close, shoulder shaking, as Silver ran her hand on back of my head. "It_It's going to be fine."

I didn't believe her words. Her each word wasn't firm as it seemed. There was doubt; there was anxiety -- I'd sensed it.

"Um with whom did you come here?" Silver asked.

'Lara,' I was about to to say, I chew my trembling bottom lip, tasting saltiness of my tear.

With back of of my sleeves, I rubbed my continuous tears as I said, "I was alone."

"Alone?" Disbelief mixed in Silver's soft voice. I untangle myself from her, thinking my stiffneess might give her idea that Lara was there with me too. "Um_"

"Who gave you my address?"

I was in trouble. What would I answer? How would I dodge her answer?

I sunk my teeth on my under lip, playing with hem of my dress with nervousness. Tears still bedewing my lashes.

Time had come to use my brain here. Scars were on my faces. Silver was asking me questions, now what? Giving priority to something I much care was more important then.

"Who do you think did this," -- I rubbed tip of my fingers on scars, looking in the mirror," -- to me? And why have it appeared on my face? Do you have any idea?"

I heard Silver clearing her throat. She knew something...something very important.

As I shifted my eyes at her, she was already on her feet, wringing hands.

"I_I," she removed whisp of hair off her face. "I don't know exactly...um may be, okay," she rose her eyebrows, "may be master must have done it."

"You mean Andrew?" Words left out my mouth before I could dissolve them in my mouth. Silver's eyes immediately widened.

"No!" she plumped beside me, eyes wide as saucers. "Andrew? No. Andrew isn't master. Who told you that he is a master?"

Threads of confusion revolved in my brain. Andrew wasn't master, even after having an emerald eyes. How? I thought_

"He isn't a master. He's just looking after all this matter, that's it." Silver told, but I couldn't believe. I could sniff defending tone from her voice. What she was trying to explain?

"She's right, Heather," said Lara, her soft touch on my shoulder brought shivers on my skin. "Andrew isn't the master...and he is not even her boyfriend."

I couldn't stop myself from frowning in spite of the presence of Silver in front of my eyes. Seeing my frown she too frowned, knitting her eyebrows.

"What happened?" She asked, touching back of my hand. "Sensed something?"

"You've got a boyfriend?" My question was sudden and was shocking for Silver. Her concerned face stiffened as she retreat back, pulling her hand off mine.

"Boyfriend?" Her eyelashes fluttered. "What are you talking about?"

"I have asked you a simple question, Silver," I dug my nails in soft fabric of the sofa. "Have you got a boyfriend? If yes, then what is his name?"

"I can't tell you now," she said immediately, shaking her head with force. I could see tinge of fear in her left eye slipping on rim of her eyes. "Just_just have some patience."

"I think you should," Lara said from behind me.

I though for a moment. Everything was mess, and the way the things were happening and creating a never ending troubles in my life, I thought I should I just have to adopt a slow process. Somewhere I needed to adopt patience. Yes, my heart and mind wasn't agreeing with it, but my intuition was.

With slow process I could reach the root of the matter and that would be helpful, my intuition suggested, and I agreed. Sometimes we have to own a different path to get a different result.

I nodded after sometime. Relief washed over Silver's face. She smiled brightly.

"Okay," she curled her fingers around my hand. "Tomorrow morning I'll tell you what exactly is there in my mind. You have to just wake before seven in the morning. Would you?"

It was little weird. I still nodded my head though. I was excited for the next morning. Only the air knew what would bring that morning in my life.

***

The next morning when I woke up, rubbing my aching and stiff eyes, I found Sun rays glinting on the window of Silver's room. She had let me sleep me in her room. I didn't know where she slept. I should have asked her that...I let it be and slept...not before sniffing enchanting fragrance of orchids.

Silver's room wasn't that big, nor was it full of frames and vases. It was full of someone's presence, strong presence. My heart could clearly sense the air of that someone who was rulling the room.

I looked around myself. Lara was nowhere. Last night when I was falling asleep, she had told me that she would not be available in Venexsus after 4 in the morning. She would return back after 10 of the night.

Fine. Now I had to jump out of my bed to find Silver. According to her I had to be up before seven and it was already 6:55.

Hastily I slipped from My blanket and put my feet on the icy floor. Hugging myself I immediately made my way out of the room. The door opened with a creak as I pushed it.

Strange and grim air hit my face as soon I came out. Sun was smiling brightly, spreading wings of its rays, but still there was something empty.

"Silver," I called out with little doubt in my tone. She didn't reply. My heart lost it beat. "Silver where are you?" She didn't reply again."

Something definitely was wrong.

My feet started moving unconsciously towards an open door, from where I could feel something weird, something incongruous.

My heart was coming up in my throat with my each step; my palm sweaty.

"Silver," I said and then when my eyes landed in the kitchen...I screamed.

"Silver!"

She was lying lifeless by the dining table...with huge book in her hand.

***

Hey guys, sorry for late chapter. The next chapter is coming in New year...

Till then this christmas just spread love and just love. Stay with your family, give them your time -- it's very important than just doing random things. 😊

Stay happy. Stay healthy and keep reading.

Love you all so much 😊

Merry Christmas 🎄