12.

Smile -- no one knew about it, it seemed

Smile -- no one knew about it, it seemed. Everyone was doing their jobs as though some kind of electronic machine was running them. No one even took a moment to glance at me in their building. With grey uniforms, some were holding files and some bundles of paper. Some were carrying trays of coffee and some pizzas and burgers. Okay, that meant they were humans and had digestive system. But...was the food really for them?

I halted on my place and grabbed Samson's arm. "These are all humans, right?"

First, Samson stared me with amused eyes and then chuckled. "Yes, they are," he touched my wrist. "Why you asked?"

I pulled my hand back from his touch. "They look like robots."

Samson inhaled loudly, turning his attention to the expressionless people.

"Under Mr. Andrew Mullin' s harsh gaze everybody is robots."

"Means?" I frowned.

"Andrew hates quos. He hates when people talk with each other without any reason. Actually for Mr. Andrew Mullin there is nothing important more than work; and he wants his employees to follow that too. No gossips. No Tussele."

"These are harsh rules."

"Sh," Samson placed his finger on his lips and leaned on my face, ordering me to shut my mouth. I shrinked under his tall figure. He appeared too scary for me then.

"They can't talk, but they can hear," he whispered on my face, his warm breath burning my shivering body. "Don't say anything bad about rules here. Do you want punishment from Andrew Mullin."

I shook my head so furiously, veins in my neck ached dangerously.

"Good. Now let's get in."

Fog of fear was still scudding in front of my vision. It was very weird reaction of Samson, but still I should have expected it. He was right. In the Venexsus everything was not normal. Here even a single word could lead me towards my death...and that I didn't want. I wanted to live much longer to find out the exact reason behind the creation of the world.

As Samson grabbed my arm and pulled me with him towards the elevator, my eyes once again wandered over the surrounding.

Every corner of the building was carved with exotic designs. Some paintings and photos of the nature were pinned on the walls. It felt strange to me that such pretty images were increasing the beauty of evil world. Was Andrew Mullin really dangerous, or everyone was lying?

Didn't have much idea.

As the elevator door swish opened, Samson didn't waste time to drag me in. Inside two tall man with white t-shirt and black pant was patiently waiting for our next action. They both were taller than Samson, but weren't soft as him. Cruelty was dripping down their catatonic faces. With folded hands and bulging muscles they appeared devils, minus horns.