35.

Why it was happening? Why everybody was moving away from me? Why such an emptiness boiling in me, making me suffer?

I collapsed on my knees beside Silver's lifeless body. Her pale body was glinting sharply against the gentle rays of sun. Her lips parted as though they were about to say something, and her hair, spread around her like a waves of angry ocean.

Who did this to her? Andrew? A Master?

There was not even a single scratch on her body. Nothing was available around her which told that she was killed.

Panic stuck me. Now what? Who should I tell about Silver's death?

My mind was frozen to respond?

That's the moment, my heart made a noise, instructing me to check the book in Silver's hand.

Shall I do it? I asked my mind.

With shaky hand, I dared to touch the book in Silver's slack hand. My cold fingers felt the rough surface of the book -- it was old, but was kept in good quality.

After that it felt as though Silver was telling me something through the book. The questions which I'd for her, seemed answered in the book. I gulped, before my curious, or should I say stupid heart, turn the first page.

Book wide opened and three letters written in red pen in bold style flashed in front of my eyes. I blinked to clear the foggy vision, caused by tears, of my eyes. I ran my fingers over those cryptic letters.

I HATE HER. It was written.

Who had written it? And for whom? There was a huge possibility that Silver could write it, but for whom?

Keeping those questions hovering over my head, I turned the page. I gasped.

There was a blank, creamy page just a minute back. Now, letters were imprinting on it through a thick curtain of fog.

It was strange. Weird.

Holding my breath, I started reading the words.

Someone who loves you isn't the one who loved you before. Someone who scares you isn't the one who scared you before. Everything is a game. A game which was planned other way round, but now the game has changed. Lust, greed, conspiracies...have taken everything to change the plans of game.

  To stay alert is the option we all do we have now. Changing the emotions for the person is the only solution we do have now. Try to see beneath the mask...you'll see the truth. Opening your heart out will take you nowhere.

Just don't believe everything.

And then one folded paper slipped down the book and landed near my knee. Placing the magical book on the floor, I picked and unfolded that paper.

Heather,

I know, you are shocked seeing me lifeless on the floor. Don't worry, I am not dead. I'm still alive.

What? Smile crept on my face. I immediately bent down and pressed my ear on Silver's chest. I couldn't hear her heartbeats. How? How was she alive then?

With deep frown, I lifted my head off her and gazed back at the now unfolded paper.

To find out the hidden answer, I have to pretend that I'm dead. The things will fall into places when all will hear news of my death. Just do what I say.