13.

I curled my fingers into fist as the clicks of feet echoed outside the room

I curled my fingers into fist as the clicks of feet echoed outside the room. My palm got sweaty.

Who would be my partner? How would he? Would he treat me well? Would he be sweet and nice like Samson?

My whole body transpired sweat as the questions bombarded my mind. Nervousity started chewing me bit by bit. I squirmed on my place and shifted my gaze at the table. I wasn't ready yet to face my partner.

"Welcome, both of you," Silver's cheerful voice reached over my eyes. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling the presence of two people around me. I didn't know but I felt like one of them was staring me, drilling holes on my skin.

"Is_is he ready to face her?" Silver said as the clicks of feet walked in my direction. I hugged myself, curling fingers of my feet. Looking through corner of my eyes at the entrance, I counted my heartbeats.

"Of course, he is, Ms. Silver," a rough male voice spoke up with excitement. "After all, it will lead him in the new journey."

And the footsteps halted in the room. Air in the room tasted a pin drop silence. The silence was so thick, I could hear my breathing as well of others in the room. My senses felt their hard gazes on me. I bit my bottom lip so hard, my tongue tasted blood.

"She is the one, right?" man said.

"Yes, she is the one. She is little nervous, you know?" Silver looked  over-excited about everything. She was too eager to introduce me to my partner; I think, even more than Mr. Andrew Mullin.

When the giggling girl placed her hand on my shoulder, I felt heavy load on my body. My body become weak to even endure the gentle touch of Silver's hand.

What am I going to do?

"Look up, Heather. They have specially come for you," Silver squeezed my shoulder, no, it was not a gentle squeeze; it was hard, forcibly hard.

"Follow the instructions, Heather. You don't want to see Mr. Mullin's rage, do you?" Silver was showing her true colours. And I was desperately in need of Samson. I didn't know why I felt an extreme urge to hug him and cry on his shoulder. In the flock of weird strangers, I was completely lost. I wanted to run away.

"If she is uncomfortable, it's fine."

Immediately my heart begged me for that voice again. The dulcet voice was like an heaven to my soul. I had heard such a soft voice of Samson...

But the voice wasn't of Samson, rather it was softer than Samson's voice. Was it of my partner?

I slowly lifted my gaze and...

"Even I am_"

He stopped talking, and on the other side my heart came to abrupt halt. All beutiful images of him kissing me, took me in the another world. He looked same: mesmerising hazzle eyes, strong jaw, intense gaze; he was epitome of sunshine. In the ocean he was like merboy, and now on the land he looked like an Angel. Did he come to rescue me? But...I was dead in his arms, and...was he alive? Hadn't he felt the deadly touch of ocean? Was he okay?

I stood, staring him intently. He too staring me with those magical eyes. His soft lips parted and his body stiff as though he hadn't expected me in the room. Even I hadn't expected him to come in front of my eyes. Truth to be told, for me he was just like a breeze, which came in my life and gone. But no, he wasn't breeze, he was my destiny, I guessed. He was there for me to stay...as my partner.

Who was he? And how we were connected? Did we know each other?

I held my breath as his thick eyelashes fluttered a bit, seeing me approaching him. Oh my god, he was too gorgeous. He was a blazing sunlight, and eyes of my heart squeezed with the impact. He was looking more gorgeous than he looked in the ocean.

"What_ What...are you..." My words floated on my tongue. I didn't know how to create a proper sentence. Words seemed missing from my brain. " Your name, what's your name?" I finally found proper words, but didn't know whether it was proper sentence or not.

He rapidly blinked his eyes, shifting his weight from one feet from other. Did he remember me? Why he looked so afraid? Was he under some pressure, just like me? Possible.

I stopped moving towards him and forced my eyes to roam around myself. One bald man, who had brought him, was staring me with utter curiosity and doubt. Did he know that I met the gorgeous boy before? Was it safe if he knew it? I don't think so.

My one step may turn wrong for me and the boy. I thought and glued my feet on the floor, avoiding to look at the boy.

"His name is Ruin." The bald men grinned wickedly and clasped his hands behind his back. His front teeth was missing and... Why he was so familiar? He was definitely a stranger, but still familiar, painfully familiar.

Bald head, grey moustache, bulged out stomach, lustful gaze and smile of hyena -- I hadn't seen him anywhere, but...why I felt connected with him too.

"Ruin," I jumped as his face appeared in front of my eyes. He wasn't tall. He was of my height, but still intimidating. His gaze scared me, and I took back my steps to avoid his negative breath on my face. "His name is Ruin. Got it."

I preferred to just nod without showing any expression, because I didn't want to hurt the innocent boy behind the cruel man. Inside I felt bad. Ruin? What that name meant? Why that name was given to sweet boy like him?

My eyes searched for his one glimpse. He had dropped his head down. His fist was clutched. Was he angry? I couldn't see his emotions.

"Your name is Heather, isn't it?" Dirty man was about to touch my hand, I yanked him away and stumbled back. Silver rushed to hold me.

I want to hug someone. Silver is not the one. I...want to hug the boy...the Ruin.

Once again my eyes searched him, and now...I found him staring me back with those soulful eyes. Biting his bottom lip, he managed to smile. I smiled back as though I got my light, my life.

"Hello, Heather." His voice soft as velvet to my ears. The way he melted my name on his tongue, I felt an immediate urge to hug him  and bury my face in his warmth. "Would you be my partner forever?"

"Yes!" My answer was quick.

***

Hey guys, early update. How was it by the way? Are you excited for the next chapter? It's coming on Saturday. 😊

Love you all so much ❤