22.

Four huge, burly men with black uniform immediately barged in the office and lunged on Samson like a bolt of lightening. One of them grabbed back of Samson's neck and another men kicked back of his knee. I cringed as Samson cried with pain and collapsed on his knees. His teeth ground and jaw tensed when one of those men pulled his hair and jerked back with force.

I don't want to look this.

Tears blurred my vision as I stood and stared Samson with horrific eyes. I couldn't see him in pain. Why he would kill Fredrick?

Ruin put his hand on my shoulder. "Heather, just don't say anything," he whispered.

"But, he can't_"

"Please, Heath. Just have some patience. You know why."

How could I maintain patience when someone close to me was in pain and under scrutiny of Andrew? But I had to, because Samson by himself had blurted that he killed Fredrick. Why? For what?

"Blo*dy criminal," Andrew hissed, rubbing nape of his neck while putting his head down. Vibration of rage was wafting from him. When he forcibly knocked his booted foot on the marble floor, Lara and Silver flinched and took two steps back. They knew the upcoming events, even I knew.

Andrew could do anything. He could kill Samson on the spot. Would he, he could.

When he whipped his gun out from his faded jeans' pocket and pointed on Samson's forehead, cry escaped my lips. Ruin held me tight from behind.

"You betrayed us," Andrew boomed, pressing the muzzle of the gun on Samson's forehead. Betrayer. Was Samson really betrayer? I despised that word.

Andrew leaned down and clasped Samson's face with his hand, digging his fingers in his cheeks violently. "You knew the consequences. In spite of that you dared to take that step. How dangerous is that for your life, Samson?"

Samson's didn't say even a single word. There wasn't even a trace of fear in his eyes. It should have been there, as he knew about the extremities of Andrew. But it was surprising that Samson was daring to match his eyes with my boss. He really shouldn't have done that. He would put himself in trouble...if he hadn't killed Fredick. But what if he did?

"You killed him with evil mind_"

"I don't have any guilt in killing evil, Andrew," Samson growled with his gritted teeth, and all gasped in shock. It was the first time someone had retorted something like that without fear in front of Andrew. Everybody knew the consequences of replying to him; Samson knew about it too. He was the one who had told me that Andrew hated when somebody dared to look in his eyes without fear. And today he himself was doing it. Why? What made him so fearless? What made him kill Fredrick?

Deep wrinkles of rage formed on Andrew's forehead. His grip on the gun tightened. Slowly, very slowly, like a serpent before attack, he leaned on Samson's face. "You dared to say that?"