imagine 27; secrets and romance

Your POV:

"Hey y/n?" Sean asked for my attention.

I smiled as he said my name. It sounds beautiful when he says it.

We were laying on the garage floor thinking of ideas for a next project. My head on his left shoulder and his on my right, feet facing away from each other.

I turned my head and looked in his eyes and he laughed at how close our faces were. So did i.

"What's up kiddo?" I asked.

He giggled again. "Have you ever been in love?" I turned my body and so did he.

I propped my head up on my hand and he followed.

I gave him a confused look.

"I don't think so. But I've seen it. And it's so pure and i find it to be so radiant when i see it." I told him.

He grinned. "Why do you ask?" I asked.

He sat up and i smiled up at him.

He returned the smile with his gorgeous one and responded to me. "I wanna be in love. Not to feel it. And not to experience it. I wanna fall in love with someone. With all of them. I wanna meet a girl and find not only my best friend but my soulmate." He explained.

I smiled at him and laid my head on his lap.

"Yeah i know what you mean. I've always wanted to fall in love. It's my dream." I told him.

He sweetly twiddled his fingers through my soft hair. I couldn't help but muster up another smile.

"Really? I'm glad. I've always wanted to fall in love. I think it's beautiful. I want it like it is in the movies." He told me.

He grabbed my hand and started playing with it.

He put his hand up against mine and realized how small my hands were compared to his and giggled at it for a millisecond.

"Nah. I don't want movies." I exclaimed and he smiled because he knew our conversation was gonna get really emotional and important.

I knew it too and i smiled back.

"Why is that?" I looked at him and shrugged.

He raised his eyebrows as a sign for me to go on. "I think movies present love to be different than it is." I divulged.

He looked at me in a way that told that i needed to keep talking.

And not because he's confused but just because he's that focused and because he just wants to hear more.

I grinned at his hunger to just hear me talk.

"I know in movies it all has a happy ending but there's always a catch. And there's always a conflict. I think if you're in love you shouldn't need a conflict to make it interesting. If you're in love your relationship shouldn't be a movie. It should be like a bloopers reel. Or going to hear slam poetry." I explained as clearly as i could.

He smiled at me. "Yeah i guess you're right. Have you ever gone to see slam poetry?" He asked sweetly.

I shook my head lightly. "I've always wanted to. But no." I stated.

He grinned bigger than before.

"We're going right now." He told me as he got up off the floor leaving my head to dangle.

I laughed. "Right now?" I asked as if asking if he's sure.

It's almost 1:00am and this kid wants to go and watch slam poetry.