imagine 2; a reverse start

Sean's POV:

You'd think that after 4 years of not seeing her I'd be over it. You'd think that seeing her today wouldn't bother me. You'd think i wouldn't miss her still. But i do.

As she walked in i couldn't believe it was her. I can tell she had changed. But it was amazingly beautiful. She didn't notice me until i said something. As she walked by me i could smell her perfume. It just dragged me in more. She smelled like the beach and roses. Something new but amazingly new. It fit her. I loved it.

She was casually talking to her friends. Of who used to be my friends but I've been so busy i haven't had time for them. She always did. She always had time for everyone. She used to be such a happy and wonderful ray of pure love and generosity. And i fell in love with it instantly. But behind all the doors of happiness was a girl who had been taken advantage of because of her happiness and kindness.

Unfortunately i had been one of the people who had scarred her. The way she just casually brushes hair out of her gorgeous face. The way she tilts her head back when she laughs. The way her voice sounds like an endless wave of glorious melodies.

She just had a new glow to her. Not that she wasn't gorgeous when we were together. Because she is. She was. She always was and she always will be. Just seeing her this way made me wanna tell her how happy i was to see her. So that's what i did.

When i tapped her shoulder, she turned around and she saw me. And she smiled. I don't understand why she would smile at me. I broke her. I still feel guilty.

"Hi Sean!! I've missed you. How are you?" She immediately exclaimed.

I smiled back at her. "I've missed you too y/n. You look so amazing." I said. I don't care what i say to her at this point nothing can make this worse than I've treated her.

"Oh wow thank you Sean. You too. I love the glasses they suit your personality." She giggled. God the way she says my name. The way she's so positive. It's driving me insane.

I smiled at her once again. "Why thank you. But really. Your glowing. You look so beautifully happy. It's amazing." I just can't help it anymore.

She chuckled a tiny bit and looked at me. "I am happy. You know it's been a while since I've been this happy. It took a lot of time to be as happy as you made me." She said and looked away. Some things never change about her.

She would always get nervous when she said something confident. Or if i complimented her. Not because she was insecure. But because she was humble and modest. She was amazing in that way. And i can tell she still is.

"I can't help it anymore. You were the only girl I've ever loved so much that it hurt. I haven't gotten over you. And seeing you right now just reminds me of why i haven't. I've missed you so much." She seemed taken back so i shut my eyes scared of what she would say.

She placed her hand on my forearm and smiled. "Sean just because I'm happy now doesn't mean i don't miss you. I'll always miss you." She giggled to herself. It's like her happiness was immortal.

I was surprised. "How do you not hate me after what I've done to you?" I asked.

"I've changed. I'm really empathetic. I understand you're busy. And that's okay. I understand. Truly. I have no hate towards you. You always made me happy Sean. No matter how mad or sad i was you were always the one thing that would take my mind off of that. Even when you were busy. And i find it adorable that you think i hate you. I don't hate you Sean. You're a good memory and I'll let it stay that way." She blew my mind.

"Wow. You are truly astonishing." I explained.

She laughed. "Do you wanna catch up Sean?" I was surprised yet again.

I smiled. "I would love to."

We talked in Starbucks for hours. I never wanted to leave. It's crazy how within hours I've fallen even more for her. As she stopped talking and we stopped laughing at what she had said i took the chance to tell her how i felt.

"y/n i will never get over you. Right now sitting with you is the most amazing thing that's happened since I've seen you last. I will never get over you." She grabbed my hand from across the table and looked down.

"You don't have to Sean. I'll always love you." She said sending chills through me.

"Let me love you again. Let me be the one again. Please I'm begging you. Let me be yours again. I won't make the mistake i once did. y/n i will never love someone like this. Please let me love you." I kept saying as tears started to roll down my cheeks. I grabbed her hands and kissed them.

She wiped my tears away and grabbed my face. "Sean honey look at me. You are amazing in so many ways. And i love you. But we have to take it slow okay?" Oh my gosh a weight has been lifted. I already love her. But if patience is what she wants then it's patience she'll get. I want her happy.

"Wait...you love me?" I asked.

She smiled and tilted her head. "Of course i love you Sean. How could i not?" All i could do was smile at her and pull her hands closer to me.

"I've missed you so much y/n" i said.

"There's no need to miss me anymore Sean." And that was when i knew. I'm gonna marry her.

————————————————————————Heyy lewsers☺️☺️ how are you today? Let me know in the comments what you thought! Lots and lots of love. Spread love and positivity❤️

Your author,
Sydney💕