imagine 35; we ready?

your pov:

"oh god." i said as i stared into the mirror at my now, turquoise hair. instantly regretting my decision.

"you know it's not bad at all. it definitely suits you." sean said as he hung his forearm on my shoulder with the dye gloves.

he had been supporting me through my mental breakdown.

lately i've been feeling really stressed since finals are coming up, i'm applying for colleges and haven't been accepted into any, my life is changing, i just got fired after being accused of stealing from work.

so it's been a rough ride the past couple months.

sean heard me one night screaming and crying after losing my job, having my car towed, and being cheated on. it was a horrible day.

that day i really opened up to him about all the stress i really had and never showed. and he said he wanted to help.

so everyday he comes over to help me study and we help each other with homework. i help him with AP english and he helps me with statistics.

and then after we watch some tv show with our hot tea. then he holds me while we fall asleep. and it's been that way for about 2 weeks.

last week though, i got an E on a quiz and it dropped my grade 65% sooo i kinda had a mental breakdown and wanted to dye my hair. i know it's a trivial thing to get upset over but my stresses get overwhelming die to the fact that my parents used to beat me unless i had straight A's

but sean said he wanted to help. so i made him dye my hair for me.

and here we are.

he was really supportive through it all.

every "should i actually do this though" turned into a "fuck it yes. you should damn it!" from sean.

he such an amazing and gentle guy. in the most masculine way possible which sucks.

i gave him the dye and he gave me one of his own t-shirts to change into so he could get dye on it and not feel bad for ruining my shirt.

and then he looked at me and said "you do whatever the fuck you want you sweet lil bean. okay?" and i giggled and we hugged.

he then opened the bottle and poured the dye in a bowl.

and to my surprise it was extremely vibrant and blue.

this scared me.

"oh dear god i can't do this." my shoulder scrunched but as the did sean grabbed them and pulled me closer to his face.

he looked me in the eyes. "y/n i swear to god. you want to do this. don't care what others think. damn it you're gonna do this and it's gonna look dope as hell. and god forbid someone makes fun of it i'll legitimately kick their face in."

he explained. i laughed at the very thought of sean kicking someone.

then he looked at me. and he tucked hair behind my ear. "i'm here for you y/n. let's do this." he said.

but i was completely distracted by how amazing he smelled.

it was like a warm but sexy scent. and i immediately fell in love.

my eyes dazed into his for a while in silence just admiring them. and then got distracted again by his thumb tracing across my cheek as he held my face in his hands.

my eyes shut and when i opened them again he was still there. staring. gazing.

"you're gorgeous now. and you'll still be gorgeous with wildly teal hair. trust me."