Unbelievable

9:39 PM

Amelia parked her car outside of Meredith's house and took the keys out the ignition. She looked to her right to see Betty had fallen asleep and in the rear view mirror to see that Leo was still asleep. "Perfect," she whispered. Slowly she tapped Betty's shoulder and unlocked the doors. "Come on, Betty," Amelia softly said. Betty's eyes fluttered as she sat up and pushed her hair behind her ears.

"Why are we at Meredith's house?" Betty asked. Amelia shook her head and got out of the car.

"Don't worry about it. Go get our bags, I'll get Leo," she said, opening the back door and unlatching Leo's car seat from its base. She shut the back door as Betty shut the trunk and made her way to the door with Betty not too far behind. Once under the porch lights, Amelia rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. To her surprise it was Zola.

"Aunt Amelia! What are you doing here?" The oldest Grey Shepherd kid asked with a smile.

"Uh, where's mommy and Maggie, ZoZo?" Amelia asked, stepping in with Betty behind.

"In the kitchen," she simply replied. Amelia sat Leo's car seat down and peaked her head into the living room. Meredith was hard at work on her laptop with Ellis in her lap, but Maggie wasn't in sight.

"Zola, can you show Betty where the guest bedroom is? I need to talk to Mommy and Maggie," Amelia asked. Zola nodded and ran Betty up to the stairs as Amelia dropped to her knees and started to take Leo out of the car seat. Tears started to well in her eyes while frustration ran through her veins. She finally got the buckles undone and carefully pulled Leo out of the seat while he slept peacefully. Quietly, Amelia came into the kitchen and sighed. Meredith and Maggie jumped when they saw Amelia standing in the archway.

"Where? Where did you come from?" Meredith asked. Amelia shook her head and came fully into the kitchen.

"Not important! Guess who showed up at my house?" Amelia baited, sitting next to Meredith at the island. Maggie sipped her wine and shared a glance with Meredith.

"Who?" Maggie bit. Amelia shook her leg, trying to control her anger before answering the question.

"Teddy," she answered. Meredith shut her laptop and put Ellis on the floor to let her walk away. She didn't even have to look at Amelia to know she was fuming, and she had to take Leo away, so Amelia could exercise her frustration.

"Give me the baby," she said with her hands out. Reluctantly, Amelia handed her son over and dropped her arms and head onto the counter. "Now, why are you here? Teddy showed up no big deal," Meredith nonchalantly said. Amelia violent shook her head and popped up out of the chair.

"She's pregnant! She's- ugh!" Amelia tried not to yell. Maggie and Mer watched Amelia pace back and forth between the island and kitchen table. "He got her pregnant!" She said, tears streaming down her face.

"What? Are you serious?" Maggie asked, moving from around the counter. Amelia stopped dead in her tracks and slowly turned towards the cardio surgeon.

"Do these look like joking tears! He got her pregnant! And it's my fault! I sent him to Germany! I basically threw him at her. And now..." Amelia trailed off, cupping one of her hands over her mouth as she silently sobbed. Meredith noticed the rock on Amelia's finger that wasn't there yesterday but certainly had reclaimed its place.

"Was this before or after you guys got re-engaged," Meredith asked. Maggie gasped, finally noticing what Meredith had already deducted. Amelia pulled her hand away from her mouth and shrugged.

"Look at that. One good thing happens and the universe is smacking me down for it. We had a good dinner. A good night! And right as I was gonna tell him, she showed up," Amelia cried. Meredith and Maggie once again shared a glance before looking back at Amelia with confusion written in their eyes.