In Loving Memory

Seattle

5 Minutes Earlier

"This was supposed to be your baby," Teddy whispered to the picture of the man whom she truly loved. "You were supposed to wake up and be a father and husband," whimpered the surgeon. It had been almost 8 years since he died and she suddenly couldn't bring herself to talk about him. After finding out she was pregnant by a guy that wasn't half the man that she deserved and the man that she deserved was gone, Teddy found it harder and harder to go to bed or wake up. That was until she met Patrick. She instantly knew Patrick was like a Henry reincarnate. He was sweet, funny, caring, and knew how to make her days brighter. With Patrick, Teddy found herself forgetting about everything. Especially the part where she said her baby daddy was out of the picture, when he was really less than a yard away. Then, it seemed like a good idea, but now that things with Patrick we're hearing up, she wasn't sure she wanted to keep the secret. Then again, how could she explain that she lied about her baby daddy and that they were, in fact, involved in a situation that hadn't been reconciled? Exactly, she wasn't. Lying was easier. In her mind everything would come out in good time. Even if that time meant never.

Knock. Knock.

Teddy looked up from her phone to see her door slowly open. In cane a huge vase of flowers with a pair of legs. "Delivery for Theodora? A dozen Roses as per request," a strong voice said behind them. Teddy stood up from her desk and watched the "delivery man" set the vase on the coffee table.

"Rick, these are beautiful," Teddy gushed. Patrick pecked Teddy's lips and placed his hands on her sides, running his thumbs along her tiny baby bump.

"A beautiful bouquet for a beautiful woman," He fawned. Teddy blushed a bit and placed her hands on his muscular biceps. "So how is my girl and the little one today? I didn't mean to drop by unannounced, but I wanted to make sure the flowers got here safely," he apologized. Teddy shook her head and moved her arms to wrap around his neck.

"It's fine. And we are great. Better now that you're here," she smiled. Patrick matched her expression ad went to kiss her, but Teddy placed her hand in between their faces.

"Let's close the blinds. The hospital is a gossip cesspool and I like my privacy," Teddy said. Patrick nodded and shut the blinds behind the couch as she took the ones behind the desk. The two soon met in the middle and started their passionate make-out, that went from in front of the desk, to Teddy sitting on the desk, to Teddy lying in between two stacks of files with Patrick on top of her, to Owen.

"Oh!" He yelled, breaking the two up. Teddy, who was already quiet frustrated in the sexual department, sat up and buttoned her blouse as Patrick zipped up his pants. Owen, again, ruined a perfect moment, the first was dumping his son on her even though she had a sex date. And even though Amelia was the one who did it, it was Owens fault for not being out of surgery in time to take his son.

"Owen. This is Patrick...Madigan. Patrick this is an old friend, Owen," Teddy introduced. The men shook hands before Patrick quickly kissed Teddy's cheek and slid out of the office.

"Uhh," Owen mumbled, not able to form words.

"Say nothing. This is none of your business! Goodbye!" She said, grabbing her lab coat and running to catch up with Patrick. "Hey! Where ya going?" Teddy asked.

"I'm not up for a threesome right now," Patrick giggled, knowing she wanted a serious answer. Teddy playfully pushed his shoulder. "Hey, I'm just messing. But, we can finish later. You seem busy," he said. Teddy glanced at an on-call room and stopped In her tracks and an idea popped into her head. With out hesitation, Teddy dragged his into the room and locked the door. "What are you-"