Birthday Boy Pt.3

Continued

Owen realized that he still had a deal with Teddy and wanted nothing more than to go through with it. That was until he saw how Patrick was comforting Betty and really getting along well with his family. Owen took a step back and let his conscience take over. Quickly, he handed crying Leo off to Betty, which helped for a second because he quickly realized he wasn't in the arms of his mommy. "I'll be right back," Owen whispered to his daughter, before sneaking off to the OR's observation room. Once in the gallery, Owen looked down to see Arizona make the first incision of the surgery, and Teddy next Amelia's head. She was holding her hand and talking to her. Teddy even has Amelia crack a smile. Owen shook his head of distractions and hit the call button. "Teddy!" He called. Teddy and Amelia looked up at him confused.

"What Owen? I'm kind of busy," Teddy replied.

"Retraction!" He said. Teddy scoffed and rolled her eyes at him.

"Make up your mind!" Teddy groaned. "Do you or do you not want to do it!" She said, sparking Amelia's curiosity.

"Do what?" She asked.

"No. Just forget I even asked," Owen said. Teddy shot him a death stare before turning back to Amelia.

"Stop talking to me," she yelled, forcing Owen to go back to his family. Teddy looked down at Amelia with soft eyes.

"Teddy what did he want to do?" Amelia asked again since she was as ignored the first time. Teddy stroked Amelia's hair and sighed.

"Nothing. Some stupid thing for Leo's birthday party," she lied, seeing Arizona's face telling her to keep Amelia calm. Amelia nodded and took a deep breath.

"Okay, mama. I'm in your uterus. You're gonna feel some pressure, but no pain okay?" Arizona announced. Amelia nodded, and Arizona slowly started to take Emmy out.

Flashback

Teddy sat on her counter legs wrapped around his waist. "You really have to get back to work," she said through the kiss. He locked his fingers behind her back and continued to kiss her.

"It's my lunch break. They can handle everything without me," he smirked. Teddy shook her head and got off the counter.

"Nope. As department head, you should really stay there during your breaks. So, run along," she said. He nodded and kissed her one last time, before running out of the apartment. A few moments later a knock on the door stopped Teddy from heading to her bedroom. She opened the door with disgust. "Owen, what do you want?" Teddy groaned, letting him in.

"I want to do it again," he said. Teddy shook her head.

"Owen, last time was the last time. We almost got caught remember?" Teddy said. Owen shook his head and went into her bedroom. "Owen!" She yelled, following him to her bathroom.

"Here. Now lie down," he said, passing her the Original KY Jelly Lubricant. Teddy took the bottle and got on her bed. "Last time, I swear," he said. Teddy rolled her eyes and got into position.

"I highly doubt it," she said, watching him go in her night stand for the last little piece of their puzzle. Owen squirted the jelly on Teddy's bump and turned on the Doppler. He had been secretly listening to her babies heart beat for a while. It was like his tiny commitment before Patrick fully took his place as a father to their child.

Present

Teddy watched Arizona cut Emmy's umbilical chord and hand her off to Karev, who wrapped her in a blanket. "Do you want to hold her before we take her down stairs?" Alex asked. Amelia shook her head and shut her eyes, holding Teddy's hand close to her face.