Easy On Me

Next Day

8:30 AM

"You paged me?" Owen asked, as he walked into Miranda Bailey's office slightly off balance. She looked at him funny, while he grabbed onto a chair for support.

"Hunt, are you drunk?" She asked. Owen shook his and rubbed his eyes with his good hand. The brightness of the lights were really irritating him.

"Nope. I'm a little hungover," he said. Miranda took a few deep breaths, trying to regulate her blood pressure, in order to say what she had to.

"Do you know why I called you in?" Miranda asked. Owen stayed quiet and decided to just shake his head. "Well, it seems like after your little outburst yesterday, my interim chief decided it was best not to be such. Saying that the stress of everything in her life was making it hard on her baby," Miranda paraphrased.

"I'm sorry but-" Owen tried before Miranda held her hand up to stop him.

"I'm not finished. Your wife has also decided to continue to fully fulfill her leave of absence for the next 26 weeks. That leaves my staff short handed for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which are right around the corner. Let alone freight fest! I told you all to reconcile this and you've made the situation worse. So, I'm hear by banning you from my OR's until you can get Amelia here once a week as agreed, Teddy here as an attending at the very least, or until Amelia is 100% back from her leave. You will run the pit and stay in the pit. Any surgical cases that come throw the ER will be handed off to Kepner or another doctor she sees fit. If I find out that you operated in my hospital before the terms of agreement are met, having a baby with a woman that isn't your wife will be the least of your worries. Do I make myself clear?" Bailey fumed. Owen gripped onto the chair so that he didn't smash his already smashed hand and nodded. "Then why are you still here. Disperse," she said. Owen stormed out of the office and towards his ER desk. April saw that Owen was clearly not okay and took her few short minutes for peace to offer some assistance.

"Hunt, you okay?" She kindly asked. Owen glared at her before snatching the phone off its hook and placing it to his ear.

"No! Now if you'll excuse me, I have woman to convince," he said. April stared at home for a second before walking off to find Arizona.

Teddy's Apartment

Teddy sat up in her bed when she heard Amelia and Leo come back into the house. She put on her robe and quickly made her way out of the double doors to see Amelia struggling to quiet Leo. "What's wrong with him?" Teddy asked, making she and Amelia coffee.

"Last night Betty and I discovered that Leo has started to climb on things. So, when he couldn't find either of us, he climbed out of the bed this morning and hit his head on the floor. Thankfully you have carpet, but he still has a little redness. He also wouldn't settle until I picked him up and held him close to me for literally an hour. I had to shower with him, because he wouldn't allow me to put him down," Amelia said. "Then, when I came from taking Betty to school and he woke up in his car seat alone, he had a meltdown," she finished. Teddy made a pouty face and ran her hand gently along Leo's head. Amelia sat her 11 month old on the counter and quickly took the baby fever meds out of her purse.

"I thought he had a little redness. What's the Little Remedies?" Teddy asked, reading off of the discarded box. Amelia measured out the correct dosage, but knew Leo wasn't going to open his mouth if food wasn't present.

"He's getting his top and bottom two front teeth, so this is to take the edge of since giving babies alcohol is now frowned upon," she said, trying to get the spoon past Leo's stubborn lips. Amelia quickly thought of what her sisters would do and gently, yet firmly, grabbed Leo's cheeks and blew into his face forcing him to open his mouth and take the medication. "Mommy wins," she boasted, wiping the poor child's tears, kissing his cheeks, and then picking him up again.