Empty Nest*

8:22 PM

Amelia stood in the kitchen making a dinner, occasionally looking back to an empty high chair, forgetting that Leo wasn't at home. It was weird to have a quiet house without Word Party playing in the background or incessant crying for attention. Amelia almost didn't know what to do with herself. That was until Betty came in, reminding Amelia that she still had to be a mom to her big baby. "Mia, what's for dinner?" Betty asked, hopping onto the island. Amelia glanced at her teenager, before placing her roll into the oven.

"Stromboli," Amelia answered. Betty rolled her eyes mentally making a note to order a pizza. Amelia had been venturing out into cooking, since being at home. To bad cooking was not suiting her. Betty pushed her hair behind her ears and wrapped her arms around her stomach.

"Is this IUD supposed to hurt?" Betty asked. Amelia nodded and leaned against the opposite counter.

"Arizona said it would. Sorry kiddo, but it's for your safety," she replied. Betty leaned her elbow on her knee and her head on her hand.

"How are you okay with Leo staying at Teddy's tonight? I thought she was the enemy," Betty asked. Amelia shook her head and started a timer for her entree.

"First of all, Teddy is not the enemy. And B, I needed some alone time with my husband tonight, baby free," Amelia smirked. Betty grimaced and unfolded her legs.

"Eww," she whispered, hopping off the black countertop. Amelia giggled and watched Betty start to walk out of the kitchen

"Play loud music to sleep!" She taunted. Betty sped out of the kitchen just as Owen came into the house confused.

"What's up with her?" Owen asked, setting his briefcase on the table. Amelia shrugged and met her man halfway in between the doorway with a kiss. A sweet, but hungry kiss. Amelia slightly moaned, before she teasingly bit Owen's lip and pulled away. "What was that for?" He asked, clasping his hands around her waist.

"Look around. Do you see anything different?" She asked. The trauma surgeon looked between the kitchen and living room before spotting the pack n' play gone.

"Where's Leo's playpen?" He asked. Amelia bit her own lip and ran her hands along Owens shirt buttons slowly.

"Teddy took him. Something about practicing and letting us be alone for a night," Amelia paraphrased. Owen hummed but didn't seem to lose interest. Amelia took advantage of her hormones and pounced on Owen. Unintentionally, but automatically, Owen caught Amelia by her butt and interlocked his fingers under her as her legs wrapped around his waist. Quickly and cautiously he walked them back to their room and shut the door.

Rated-M

Owen gently dropped Amelia on the bed and crawled over her as she stripped from her shirt. Mr. Hunt quickly undid his wife's pants and slid off his shirt simultaneously. Once, stripped down to their undergarments, Owen slipped in between Amelia's legs and came face to face with her little baby bump. He pecked it a couple of times, before removing her black lace thong that came between him and her paradise. His warm breath on her center caused Amelia to bite her lip in anticipation. Owen looked at the youngest Shepherd with hungry eyes, waiting for permission. "Please," she whispered as his eyes lowered to the prize in front of him and attacked. "Owen," Amelia whimpered, being thrown back into a state of euphoria that she'd been deprived off.

8:39 PM

Betty sat on the couch watching Netflix, trying to drown out the sounds of her parents when the house phone cried out. "Don't worry, I've got it," Betty sarcastically yelled, sure that they hadn't heard a thing over themselves. Upon answering she heard a crying baby in the background that mimicked her "brother" quite a bit. "Hunt residence," she said.

"Betty? It's Teddy. Where are Amelia and Owen? They aren't answering their cell phones," the surgeon asked. Betty bit her lip.

"Uhh, they're a little preoccupied," she sugar coated. "What's going on?" she inquired.

"Leo has a bit of a fever and won't calm down for anything. I tried a bottle, and his toys, I even tried his blanket," Teddy said. Betty chuckled a bit, hear the resemblance of her childhood self.

"Did you try a bath? He loves to sit in warm water and splash around. That should help. He even likes when the water runs over his head," Betty smiled, just thinking about that sight. "Why don't I just come over and help you. I'm not being productive over here and it might help if Leo had a familiar face around," Betty suggested since the crying was only getting louder. She heard Teddy took a deep breath and started to move towards her room.

"You would do that for me?" Teddy asked.

"For Leo," Betty replied defensively. "I'll be over soon," she said, before hanging up. She started to pack a bag but was distracted by the text that August had sent her.

I'm craving drugs, come thru. I'm outside. My brother got us a motel in Seattle.

Reluctantly, Betty remembered her deal with August and threw some clothes into her bag a little slower. I'll just go to Teddy's afterward. She thought. After five minutes of packing, Betty finally threw her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her phone from off the bed. She ran out quietly and hopped into the backseat of the familiar Jeep. "B. I'm glad you came," August smirked, looking back at Betty, while his brother started to drive.

"Well, we had a deal," she smart-assed as she went to put her seatbelt on. August started to climb in the back seat and stopped Betty from clicking on the safety equipment.

"That won't necessary," he said, tossing her bag in his old seat and pushing her hair out of her face softly.

8:45 PM

Owen and Amelia finally left their bedroom to check on the Stromboli, not paying attention to the fact that Betty wasn't on the couch anymore. Amelia turned on the oven light as Owen picked up his phone to see the many messages form Teddy. He decided to call her back since she had his son and had called 13 times. "Teddy? What's up? I just got your messages," he said, putting the phone on speaker. Amelia shut off the light and looked back at him.

"Yeah. I was having an issue with Leo, but Betty helped me. She said she was on her way. Do you know if she's left already?" Teddy asked. Owen and Amelia shrugged at each other and checked to see that the living room was empty despite the TV being on.

"Yeah, I'd say so," Owen replied.

"Great. Well, I'll let you get back to your night. Bye," she said, before hanging up. The couple shrugged, looked to the couch, and then back to one another.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Amelia asked. Owen started to take his shirt off, leaving him in his boxers and pulled Amelia into the living room and laid her on the couch.

"Round four," he chuckled, placing kisses all over Amelia's neck and chest. How did I get so lucky? Amelia thought as the couple enjoyed an empty house, something they hadn't had in a long time.

⛈⛈⛈
To Be Continued...