Dinner Plans

Teddy paced back and forth on her bathroom tile with her phone in hand, clutching it for fear life. "Why would you tell him that? See lying is never good. Now look what you've done! He's gonna leave," She mumbled to herself as Leo stared at her like she was crazy. Suddenly the front door opening, spooked Teddy into a small squeal that she immediately regretted seeing the worry and pain on Amelia's face.

"You okay?" Amelia asked, shutting the door and coming into Teddy's room to join Leo on the bed.

"No. I did a bad thing and now I have to pay for it," Teddy said, coming out of the bathroom and leaning against the open wall. "Your husband invited Patrick and I too a reconciliation dinner and I agreed," Teddy sighed. Amelia was not sure why Teddy was so upset but she definitely wanted to know now.

"Why is that a 'bad thing'?" Amelia quoted. Leo started to gravitate towards his mother without dropping the items in his hands so that Amelia could see that they were markers. "Did you give these to him?" She asked, making sure the lids were secure.

"He picked them up off of my desk. Not important. Patrick doesn't know that Owen is the biological father of this baby and as much as I'd like to gloss over that I can't when that's all Owen is going to be talking about," Teddy answered. Amelia purses her lips and lifted her eyes to the ceiling as if to say let me think, before she gasped with a smile.

"Get there early," she pitched. Teddy stared at her with the blankets of faces, not following at all.

"What?"

"Get there early, while he's cooking. Just you. Let him know that he can have his out or whatever you want so long as he doesn't say anything to Patrick about being the father, which he will gladly do. That way you guys can strike up a deal with this baby and then go back to being friends, but not super close friends, and everything will be fine. Our little secret," Amelia smirked. Teddy hummed and slowly nodded, starting to understand the ordeal.

"Yeah. Yeah, that could work," Teddy agreed.

"But,"

"But?"

"There's always a but," Amelia said. "And this one is, if something goes wrong, Patrick seems like a sensible person. So if a factor the we don't plan on happens, Patrick seems like the kind of guy to forgive you," Amelia continued. Teddy dropped her head into her hands and sobbed.

"He's going to leave me and I'm going to end up alone with this baby," she cried. Amelia jumped up and shook her head.

"No, you aren't. This baby is going to have so much love surrounding them whether Patrick is here or not," Amelia assured. Teddy sat on the edge of her bed next to Amelia and Leo, trying to calm down. "Oh and another thing, where are his clothes," Amelia asked, pointing to her naked baby. Teddy plopped Leo into her lip and smiled.

"Say, "Mommy you left me in a shirt and ketchup. What did you think would happen"?" Teddy said in a little voice. Amelia nodded and took a short breath, before she attempted to get up in the lowest amount of pain.

"I'm going to pack up our stuff and pick up Betty and head home. Would you like me to warn Owen before you get there?" Amelia asked by the door. Teddy nodded, playing with Leo's little feet.

"If you don't mind," Teddy answered. Amelia silently nodded and walked out of the room. "Thank you!" She called.

"It's nothing!" Amelia called back. Teddy softly smiled and laid back with Leo sitting on her chest.

"Your mother is an absolute saint!"  Teddy smiled, making Leo smile, warming her heart. She had a new found confidence for the night that followed. What could go wrong with basically everyone on her side?