What's One More

1:30 PM

Amelia leaned over Leo's car seat tiredly, waiting for the tow truck as Teddy and Patrick stood by the bolder chatting their lives away. "A surgeon? I would not have guessed," Patrick chuckled. Teddy nodded with a shrug.

"Yep, cardio-thoracic. Before that I was the chief with the Army Medical Command," she explained. Patrick embraced his shock with a smile.

"Wow. A strong woman. I like that. You know, I'm an Army man, myself. I'm actually stationed in Fort Lewis right now. I'm an Army Lawyer," he slightly bragged. Teddy bit her lip, happy to finally know someone who knows something about the world she left behind.

"Fort Lewis, huh? I was in Afghanistan. But now I'm chief of surgery at Grey Sloane Memorial in Seattle," Teddy smiled proudly. Amelia narrowed her eyes and stuck her head out of the car.

"Interim chief!" She corrected, getting back in the car. Teddy waved her off as Patrick chuckled.

"You're friend is interesting," he observed. Teddy quickly shook her head.

"We're not friends. We're just coworkers," she said. Patrick hummer and frowned, spotting the red mark on Teddy's forehead.

"The steering wheel got you good," he said, placing the pad of his thumb around the irritated skin. "When we get to my buddy's shop I'll have to get you some ice," he offered.

"We? You're coming too?" She asked, trying to contain her excitement. Patrick dropped his hand from her forehead, to her wrist.

"Well, Yeah. If that's okay with you," he said. Teddy nodded, not wanting to say something embarrassing. He gently grabbed her hand a gave it a soft squeeze. "Hey, I know this may be too forward, but it seems like I've known you forever and you're just so easy to talk to. Do you want to go to dinner next week? I'm going be in Seattle for conference next Thursday and I was think that maybe afterwards we could go eat. I know this great sushi place," He asked. Teddy silent screamed, until she remembered that she couldn't have sushi. Which then led her to remember that her baby daddy was on his way over here to collect his fiancé and son.

"I would love too, but I can't..." she said, before glancing over to see Amelia playing with her baby and remembering why she came back to the US, "I can't have sushi," she continued. "I'm sorry. I feel like I should be upfront about this. I'm pregnant," she blurted. Patrick nodded and ran his free hand over his hair.

"Is he in the picture?" He asked. Teddy shook her head as she watched Owen pull up behind Patrick's SUV.

"Nope. He is long gone," she lied. Patrick gave her a small smile and took her other hand.

"Well, then...I'm willing to give this a chance if you are," he offered. Teddy stared into his green eyes, with a wide smile slathered across her face.

"I'd like that," she smiled. Amelia looked away as Teddy and Patrick stared at each other lovingly. She was about to turn back to Leo when a knock on the window scared her. She looked up to see her knight in scrubs armor. She opened the door and got out of the car in time for Owen to wrap his arms around her waist. In one swift motion, Owen picked up Amelia, causing her to wrap her legs around his waist and kissed her.

"I was worried the entire drive," Owen said with his lips still attached to his fiancé's. Amelia pulled away and nodded.

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you when we get home," She seduced. Owen smirked and let her down, so that he could grab the baby and diaper bag. "Hey!" Amelia called to Teddy and Patrick. She walked over to them, breaking up their little get to know me powwow. "We're heading to get Betty, you good?" Amelia asked. Teddy bit her lip and nodded.