Chapter 24

Draco couldn't stop fidgeting even if he knew it was driving Pansy crazy. He was nervous, it was the first time he had a a date to a Christmas Eve party, let alone a boyfriend. They were going to Blaise's house and it wasn't going to be a big party like every other time. This time it was just going to be between his family, Blaise, Pansy, Theo, Astoria and her family and maybe some other friends.

"Stop fidgeting!" Pansy snapped trying to select a silver tie that went with Draco's green shirt. "I will throw you out of here if you don't stop."

"I'm just-"

"Nervous I know!" Pansy placed a tie up to Draco's neck and frowned. "I don't like any of these. Harry's wearing red right?" Draco nodded. "Well get his arse here so I can see which ties to select for both of you."

Draco groaned and went to get Harry from their room and brought him back.

"Harry please fix your hair after I'm done with this. Honestly, it looks like a bludger flew around in it." Pansy rolled her eyes and inspected the ties again. "You know what, I'll do it."

Harry glared at her playfully and rolled his eyes. "Not Cute Pans."

Pansy handed both their ties and pulled Harry to sit down. She quickly styled Harry's hair and proceeded to kicking them both out so she could get dressed.

——

They all met outside with their coats ready, just in time for the portkey.

When they were outside of the Zabini Manor Draco felt the need to reach out to Harry and hold his hand. Harry looked over at him and smiled giving him a small reassuring squeeze.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

Blaise greeted them with a bright smile, "welcome! You all look stunning, come in."

They followed Blaise in and looked around the nicely decorated house.

"Dear, his does it feel that this tradition has fallen on your shoulders?" Narcissa asked.

Blaise simply smiled and answered, "I got to say that it was stressful. Directing the elves and putting up the decorations were fairly easy though."

"Well I didn't expect any less from you, this place looks absolutely gorgeous!" Narcissa exclaimed. "Your mother would be proud."

Blaise blushed and showed them to their seats. "Astoria and her parents cancelled last week since they had to go urgently to Paris."

Draco sighed, he wasn't ready for those homophobic parents coming to rain on his happiness.

He felt a warm breath tickle his ear and he blushed silently thanking they were walking behind everyone.

"Gosh you look hot. I can't wait to dance with you." Harry's low husky voice whispered.

"Stop" Draco hissed half heartedly. He heard a chuckle and felt an arm wrap around him.

"Here we are, let me help you with your sit Cissa." Blaise offered kindly. Draco helped his aunt and Harry helped Pansy with her chair. "I hope the food is good, I barely had time to make sure it was being cooked correctly."

Narcissa and Andromeda chuckled. "Oh sweetie that is normal on. I remember I had to do it one time all alone and impress Lucius that same night. The food was alright but the lights went out and something caught on fire." Narcissa turned to her sister, "I'm sorry you weren't there. He was such a gentleman and helped me through everything."

Draco frowned uncomfortably at the mention of his father. The man was the worst to him and messed with Draco's head.

He felt a warm hand engulf his and a thumb rub against his knuckles gently. Draco relaxed a little at the touch.