mccreamy - milkshakes

you'd dragged jay out of his apartment, forcing him to say a hasty goodbye to mason when you entwined your fingers and rushed down the two flights of stairs.

the parler was only two blocks away.

a grin split your lips, and you covered your mouth, afraid of the drink spilling out. he stared at the cream-topped shake like a child awaiting candy.

dogs walked their owners outside, tugging on their leashes as their heeled counterparts conversed on cell phones, purses slung over black-clad shoulders.

he took your distracted state to swipe a stroke of whipped cream onto your nose, and you couldn't help but break out into giggles when he laughed. it scared you at how quickly hearing him chortle or wheeze could lift your mood.

"you've got nut on your face now."

"hey, mccreamy. how 'bout you shut up?"

his distinct accent always turned heads whenever he visited, and today was no different. an old couple eyed him up & down while they passed your table, and you nearly choked at his wide-eyed look.

jay had insisted that he didn't want another milkshake, perfectly fine with his caramel latte, but as he stared at your vanilla one, it looked like he was having second thoughts.

"here," you slid it over to him, and he popped the extra straw from its tube, distractedly sipping it as a single mother of two strolled past the table, chin tilted high with her children embracing the world in wide eyes.

the brunet didn't notice when you snapped a picture of him, and his eyes were so stunning that even your shitty phone quality had caught the way his irises flared as the sun shone down on them.

"what're you looking at?" he peeked over your phone, wondering what you were so invested in.

you arched an eyebrow, setting him as your lockscreen. "i'm lookin' at this." you searched his eyes for a reaction as he took in the fact that he was now your wallpaper, a delighted smile lifting his lips.

propping your elbows up on the table, you leaned over to catch a sip of the milkshake.

"i love you." he muttered, dotting whipped cream across the apple of your cheeks, his pinky finger adorned with a glob of the stuff.

you glanced up, immediately regretting it when the black holes in his pupils caught ahold of you, like the bait on a fishing rod.

"i love you, too."

HEY IM SO SORRY FOR NOT WRITING BJT SCHOOL HAS MY ASS. LOVE U ALL AND IF U WANT TO TALK MY INSTAGRAM IS @/kryozcries