chapter 31

''Ya Allah, doctor, is she going to be alright?'' Asked a worried Muhammad.

''She is going to be just fine, the baby also. She wasn't eating much, that's pretty much the cause of it." The doctor said. "And I think something is bothering her, it's like she's angry with everyone that she doesn't want to wake up''

''Thank you doctor'' Muhammad said and the doctor left the room.

''Please, baby wake up and tell me what's wrong? What made you mad." He sounded so hurt and worried.

Her eyes slowly began to open. She looked around to see her mother and niimah staring down at her. "Mammy?..Noldu?'' She asked looking around the hospital room.

"You blacked out..fainted." Her mother replied with a worried look on her face.

''For how long have I been out mammy?'' Layla asked her mother.

"You were out since yesterday. Şimdi yemelisin (You need to eat now)." Mammy said, soothing her hair.

''Mammy, Aç değilim (I'm not hungry)."

''Bebeğinin iyiliği için Layla'ya ihtiyacın var. Şimdi izin ver de eve gidip dinleneyim, madem sen uyandın, Niimah burada seninle olacak ve kocan da yakında dönecek. (You have to Layla, for your baby's sake. Now let me go home and rest since you're up, Niimah will be here with you and your husband will be back soon)." With that, her mother pressed a kiss on her forehead and left.

She watched her mother leave the room. She turned her gaze to Niimah. "Look how you're glowing, are you sure you're not the mai ciki now?" She said when Niimah gave her a warm hug.

Niimah shrugged with a cheesy smile "Who knows''

Layla laughed placing her hand on her big baby bump. just then they heard another salam. He came in and sat on the chair next to her bed and placed a kiss on her forehead. "How are you feeling?'' He asked.

"I'm better, Alhamdulillah. Now, when am I leaving this place?''

''The doctor said at latest tonight inshallah." He said giving her hand a light squeeze and turned to his sister. "Look how you are glowing''

''That's exactly what I told her." Layla said with a chuckle. "I even asked her if we are expecting ya know." She added making Niimah blush

He laughed. "Gaskiya, I think I should call Huzaifa since we are in a hospital you should better check up''

''You guys should stop it." She whined like a baby.

That's how the trio talked and had fun, Ibty and Norah later joined them. Forgetting the threat her husband's aunt threw her, she had fun before the doctor discharged her.

Few days later...

DAY 1- KAMU

''Seriously, Ibty get up'' Layla said to Ibty. "The makeup artist is here already''

''Chill sis, this pregnancy is making you so snappy." Ibty said getting up.

She put on her rope and sat at the vanity table for the makeup artist to start her magic. Her makeup artist is mamza, that woman surely knows how to do her job. She is blessed .

Layla did her own makeup at home, so simple yet beautiful. She is dressed in a green and blue atamfa off shoulder gown with a matching gold set. That atamfa is the bridesmaids asheobi. She had her henna done earlier today during the 'kunshi' event. She took a mirror picture before She left home 30 minutes ago.

In some minutes, ibty's makeup was done and she looks stunning. Layla helped her slipped into her cream fitted iro and buba. Mamza helped her with her headgear.