I Won't Give Up On Us, Even If The Times Get Rough

Gilbert's POV

Anne-girl? Who does he think he is? Me?

"For such a tiny person, she can run." said Jerry as he walked towards us, breathless.

"That's Ruby Gillis for you." I said, laughing at him.

"She seems like a petty girl." said Violet and I cleared my throat.

"Right... Jerry, I'm sorry for how I spoke towards you. It is unforgettable." said Violet with a bored tone in her voice.

"...I won't apologize for what I said." said Jerry and I shoot him a look.

"I'm out breath." said Jerry as he gave me a smug smile whilst I shook my head.

"Let's have some tea..." I said as I followed Henry and Anne inside.

"I thought you wanted to leave." said Violet as she tried to make me change my mind.

"He changed his mind. I will come too, I'm out of breath." said Jerry as he walked inside the house as I patted him lightly on the back..

I chuckled and Violet followed with a pout.

"Gil, I'm tired." whispered Violet, annoyed. But, I was too preoccupied with Henry and Anne that I completely ignore her.

"Anne. How about we bring the tea?" I said as I lightly pulled Violet away.

"I can help her." said Henry with a smirk.

"I think we can manage." I said as I held her hand and walked away. As soon as, we reached the kitchen though. Anne let go of my hand sharply.

"What's your problem?" asked Anne as she went towards the teacups.

"Nothing..." I said as I started to warm the water up.

"Oh, please. If you're going to act like a petty person, then tell me the answer." said Anne as she set the teacup on the table.

"I just didn't expect you to jump into a flirting relationship with someone who you haven't seen in a while and yet not give someone who was always there for you a chance." I said as I pour the water in the cups.

"Says you. You basically didn't stop staring at Violet since she got here." said Anne, annoyed.

"Why would you care? Are you jealous?" I asked.

"Yes." said Jerry as he came and took the teacups and walked away.

"Of course not." said Anne with a faint blush on her cheeks.

"Then, why do you care?" I asked, exhausted.

"I don't." said Anne, firmly.

"Then, I'll be on my way." I said but she held my arm.

"I didn't get you for the player type." said Anne, sharply.

"I didn't get you for the jealous one." I said as I crossed my arms.

"You knew she bullied me. Yet, you treated her like a princess."

"Anne, she was joking. She just told you that you talked a lot."