Chapter 1

*beep, beep, beep, beep*

Harry-*sniffling "Jen? Please wake up baby... I need you... What happened that made you do this to yourself? Who made you want to do this to yourself? Whoever it is... they are going to pay... Just don't leave Jen... Please stay..."

*A year earlier*

Jen's P.O.V.

Keith-"Jen, it's been so long! How are you doing?"

Jen-"I am doing well! How are you doing?"

-"Well." *he says giggling

-"I have to go change be out in a bit."

My make-up artist and hair stylist are in my changing room already so; I quickly sit down and let them do their thing. They leave me to get dressed and just as I slip my dress over my body and try to zip it up, I hear a knock at the door.

Jen-"Yes? Who is it?"

Harry-"Its Mr. Harry Connick Jr. May I come in Ms. Lopez?"

-"Yes. Oh, can you do me a favor and zip me up please?"

-"Of course." *Grinning widely as he zips her up

-"Thank you baby. I miss you." *giving him a hug

-"I missed you too." *he hugs her tightly

Ryan knocks on the door yelling 10 minutes

Harry-*as he lets her go slowly "So, what have you been up too?"

-"You know, just working, here at idol and being with the kids."

-"Oh, those little monsters! How are they?"

-"They are good, thanks for asking. Well we should probably go out there."

-"Ok, lead the way." *he smiled while I giggled walking out of my dressing room and to the stage entrance.

Idol ends and I walk to my car as Harry stops me.

Harry-"Hey Jen, I was going to ask you something."

Jen-"Yea, what's up?"

-"Well, if you aren't too tired, do you want to grab a drink?"

-"I would love to baby."

-"So, I drive then." *he holds out his hand as he looks at me smiling

-"Fine." *I give him the keys and we get in the car and drive.

Harry's P.O.V.

She looks amazing and I missed her so much! I know her and Beau just broke up but I can fix her broken heart. I've loved her since the first season of idol. I am going to tell her tonight...

We walk over to the bar. She gets white wine and I get a beer. We find a place to sit in the corner of the bar in a booth and just talked all night. Where we are sitting, the light perfectly reflects off her eyes and just shine so bright and I didn't realize I was starting to just stare at her.

Jen-"Harry? You ok papi?"

Harry-"Yea, it's just, the way the light hits your eyes, it makes them shine brighter than any star."

Jen-"Well thank you." *in her head (Is he flirting with me? If he is, I kind of don't mind.)

Harry-*putting his beer down, gets up standing in front of Jennifer holding his hand out. "Let's go dance."

Jen-"Ok." *as she grabs his hand and leads him to the middle of the dance floor.

We start to grind and bump and I really just don't seem to care what's happening around me. We both were just trying to have fun and knowing we did both have a bit to drink.

Jen's P.O.V.

Me and Harry are just going everywhere on each other and I know me and Beau just broke up and I try not to think about it and just try to have fun for one more night. The last time I had this much fun when was before me and Beau broke up.

I suddenly feel his hands go around my waist and pull me close to his body and then feel him breathing into my neck. I felt something weird... but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. My body quivered to his breathing against my neck.

We stood there for a minute then I backed away and turned to look at him and just said "I don't think so."

Harry-"What? Just trying to have a little fun." *he says grinning at me then grabbed me by my waist again and pulled me close.

I thought to myself and started to think what I was doing. How was I not hurting and thinking about Beau. Harry has made me feel safe ever since the first season of Idol but I never got close because I was always Beau and then we broke up. I the process, Harry was there helping me and comforting me through the process. I think I like Harry.

I was thinking so much to myself I didn't realize Harry's forehead and nose touched mine. Wanted to kiss him so bad but I didn't know how he would react to it. I pulled away and told him we should get going.

Harry's P.O.V.

I wish we could have stayed in that moment forever. I didn't want let go of her, I felt safe and I hope she felt safe with me.

We drove back to her place and she opened the front door then looked at me. I closed it behind us, grabbed her by her tiny waist and pulled her close. Then I finally got the erg to tell her.

Harry-"Jen, I just need you to hear me out. Don't say anything, just listen. From the first day at auditions when I first et you, I felt something that day that just made me want more of you, to get to know you better and be with you. I always wanted to be with you, comforting you when you are down and always trying to keep you smiling because your smile can make me feel so much better. Jen, I love you so much and I have been holding it in for a year now. I want to be with you and I know you and Beau just broke up but I can fix your broken heart... Because you surly fixed mine. I just want a chance."

She looked down at her feet then looks back up at me.

Jen-"Harry... I...I... I don't know... I mean, I like you and all but, I don't know if I can go through a relationship right now. I just got out of one and..." *he kisses her soft lips passionately.

Jennifer's P.O.V.

His lips... they are so soft... I don't want to stop kissing him. I like Harry, at least that's what my mind knows but my heart says something more than that and it feels more than that.

He starts to hold my cheek and pull me even closer and I start to deepen the kiss even more. The door bell rang and I pulled away.

Jen-"Go into the kitchen and make something to eat. I am hungry." *I smile at him and he walks away as I walk to the door and open as my eyes widen to see who is standing on my porch.