Chapter 17

Jennifer's P.O.V.

Finally the figure walks out from behind the curtain and it is just a different doctor.

-"Doctor Drea, you called me?"

-"Um, yes, I need you to help me explain the process to my good patient. We just got your results back also Jen from the bone marrow."

-"Really? What... what do I have?"

-"Well let's talk about it now." *she grabbed a chair and sat next to my bed as Georgia was still in bed next to me.

-"Ok, so what first?"

-"Well, the results would be good to know. Um it says here, you have Acute Leukemia. So your cancer will be a slow process but a painful journey. It gives us more time with the chemotherapy to take more effect."

-"That's good right? I mean, I have a chance, right?" *she looks into my eyes as my eyes filled with terror.

-"Jen, you have a chance, precisely a 60% of having a chance to 40% of not making it."

-"That's better than usual." *I shed a small tear as Andrea stands up and wipes it away and sits back down.

-"It's ok to cry but not in front of me please? It will affect me enough doing chemotherapy with you. Chemo is going to be twice as hard and you will feel like you don't want to eat, you will throw up more and will get dizzy more quickly."

-"Ok, when will I start Chemo?"

-"Well, the sooner we start the better but it is all up to you Jen." *I think and it would be great to start tomorrow.

-"I want to start tomorrow... Is that possible?"

-"Of course. So what we will do is, doctor, help me?" *they both stand up and take a step closer to me.

-"Georgia, can you step off just for a few seconds?"

-"Of course! Yea sure!" *she gets off and the doctors get even closer as they lower my bed so I am lying down.

-"Ok, again this might get a little uncomfortable but we will insert a tube right in this area." *she points with her pen right above my right boob.

-"Then we will hook up a wire to your water and blood source that will be placed on the rack here. You will be able to still walk but we hope you have someone with you to help out. You won't be going outside because of the germs so nothing nature in your room is aloud."

-"Ok, um, how long would it take? How painful would it be and where would the pain mainly be?"

-"Well, your first treatment will be a week, the pain level will depend on how strong you are and the pain will be in the area of where it was all developed."