Chapter 27

Georgia's P.O.V.

I failed to stay strong and get back to my family. I didn't fight hard enough to get what I wanted. I failed my siblings, my dad, Leah, the nurse, mom, everyone... I started to cry and knew this was it and it is all over for me now. I picked my arm out of the water and looked at my scars still left there.

I felt around my neck and felt something around it. I pulled it out from the water and it was a long chain. There it was, the necklace mom gave me the night we went to the bar. It was an infinity bracelet attached to a necklace chain. I just starred at it for a little while.

I took the bracelet off of the chain and hooked in onto my right wrist. It looked just like new just like the night she gave it to me. She said her aunt gave it to her before she passes away. Now, I will take it with me and show her I will always love her passed infinity.

I held the bracelet with my left hand as I starred and the gleaming sun one last time. I walked a bit farther into the water and it is now at my neck. I felt my body starting to fade as one more move would end it all. My heart beat was going slower and slower in rate and would stop any second now.

I closed my eyes and just when I was about to pull myself underwater, I heard a familiar sound. I opened my eyes and I was back in the hospital by my bed side. I kept hearing the sound but I couldn't tell what it was. My vision was a bit blurry so I whipped my eyes with the palm of my hands. I opened my eyes back up and I could see clearly who and what the familiar noise was... it was my crying mom.

She was up and walking again and she was so big. What is the date today?! I looked at my machine that was next to me. 12:47 pm; Sunday, January 15. I have been down for 5 and a half months now. Mom came into my room and Harry, Leah, all the kids and the nurse left her in the room alone with me.

She didn't speak, she took a seat in the chair next to my bed and took my hand. She started to tear up as she looked into my closed eyes.

-"Mom, please say something to me..." *I felt her tighter her grip on my hand and it felt good to feel her hand again. My heart beat picked up and it was past the normal heart rate for me now. I felt alive again. I overheard the doctor outside say that its working but, what is? I didn't care as I looked back at mom who started moving her other hand.

She placed her other hand on my cheek and she started to cry a little harder now. I felt happy... I reached across my body and whipped her tears away with my thumb and she froze as if she felt me. She closed her eyes and smiled a little it; oh mom, I missed your smile. She cleared her throat.

-"Hi baby girl... um, I am sorry it took me forever to come see you... I couldn't bare the pain when I found out you were in here. I fell apart, I couldn't go to work most times and thankfully my workers understood. When I would go to work, they would do anything to make me smile and they got a few out of me but, not as many as you get out of me." *she took a breath.

"I remember the night when you hit your head that,  we talked about the gender of the baby, it's a boy. I am happy it's a boy. We also talked about why I was crying that night. I told you because it was all my fault." *She gripped my hand a bit tighter.