chapter 17

merillyn's p.o.v:

the car suddenly stopped after I confessed about the truth.

"Alice, why did you stop?" I asked in surprise.

she didn't respond to me.

instead, she turned to look at me and I saw her crying face.

"Alice?!?" I shouted, not knowing what to do.

"sorry... it's just that-- your story actually hurts!"

she continued crying. but in a playful way. after a few minutes, she started the car again and we headed to the mall to buy the ingredients we need to make for dinner.

*************

she parked the car and then, went outside. I sighed a heavy breath, unlocked my seatbelt and went outside.

then, we went in the mall.

" what do you want to have for dinner?" she asked.

"whatever you want to have.."

she was suddenly looking up. probably thinking.

after a few minutes, she was happy and jolly.

"come on!" she motioned me to follow her and I did.

she picked many ingredients and I was quite amazed. she could buy everything?!?

*************

after that, we went home. "why did you buy a lot of food?" I asked curiously.

"it's because my siblings eat a lot. you know boys. they get hyped up when they see delicious food. and also, my parents are coming home. oh yeah! also, there's you!"

".... I see." and then, after that, she suddenly talked about the cherry blossom trees. dang....

"so, do you wanna come?"

"what are you talking about? isn't it supposed to be your family time?" I asked.

"what? no! it's gonna be a reunion for your family and my family. is that okay?"

her family and my family... should I say yes or no? maybe I could... I mean I'm not busy or anything and it's just a get together... nothing really special.

"sure." I responded.

she had a cheerful smile on her face. and her car suddenly sped up.

after 5 minutes, we arrived at their home.

"just in time. mom and dad's home early. could you help me carry the groceries, merillyn?"

I nodded my head and opened the trunk. after that, I carried two bags of groceries and went in their home.

_______________

what do you think would happen next?? find out in the next chapter!

vote

comment

thanks!