chapter 22

Merillyn's p.o.v

[Skip to the end of the day]

"you did what?!" Cally said outrageous. I guess she never knew this would happen and possibly she thought that this was also preposterous.

"come on!! maybe he has feelings for you? also, has he met you this year?" I replied. Cally tapped her foot to the floor impatiently as if hesitating to tell me the answer.

"not yet...." she mumbled.

"what?"

"I said not yet." Cally hid her face from embarrassment while I went speechless. I jaw dropped.

"what?!?"

"he dosent know that I'm here.... every time I come across him, I either turn around and walk ahead or hide my face. and I'm not going."

as Cally walked away, i did not believe that they haven't met this year. so, to change that, I forced Cally by grabbing her hand and forced her to go to the rooftop against her will.

I checked my phone and thought. "it's 5:35! that's great it's like an anime." I was squealing in the inside but for Cally she was freaking out.

after a few minutes, we arrived in front of the door to the rooftop. I held the door knob but before I could turn it and open the door, I felt Cally tightening her hand with mine.

and I knew she was nervous. "that's okay, Cally... and sorry for forcing you into this.. I just want you happy because I want to return the favor for being my first friend here.. thanks." I smiled at her.

"you're welcome. and thanks." she replied.

we both smiled at each other. "can I open the door now?" I asked impatiently since I was so eager to know what would happen.

she made a small giggle. and said okay.

I opened the door and saw Jazz looking at the sunset while leaning on the railings.

when the door creaked, he faced us and was shocked.

"C-cally?" he stuttered.

Jazz's p.o.v:

"C-cally?" I stuttered.

I never knew this would happen. and i can't believe that who merillyn was talking about a few hours ago was Cally.  I was speechless.

she looked at another direction, probably shy herself.

"jazz, I know that you already met Cally and I want you guys to spend some more time together. so I also have to excuse myself for today, too.. bye." merillyn said as she dashed out the rooftop.

an uncomfortable silence sat between us. but to break that silence,

"I never knew you were here... it's been a tough year for you last year wasn't it? I mean you text me pretty much three times a week. what did they do to you there?"

I asked suddenly getting so serious. "they just bullied me. saying that I was a nerd and all. but it's really no biggie. I handled it pretty well." she replied with a smile on her face.

I clenched my fists.

"Jazz?" she asked worriedly.

I took hold of her shoulders and made a firm grip on her.

"if you're hurt, then why can't you show it?!"

"w-what are you--"

"you can't fool me, Cally. I know you're hurt but you just don't show it. why is that?"

I asked as my firm started to loosen, my shoulders started relaxing and my face turned worried.

______________

late update. sorry.. busy with sports fest!!!

vote

comment

thanks!