chapter 18

merillyn's p.o.v:

when eating dinner, "So merillyn? what brought you here?" Jake's mother asked. and also, all eyes were on me.

"I just wanted to give him the notes. that's it."

"that's very kind of you, merillyn... though it's a pity Jake let you go!" Alice's mother said.

"sorry if that upsets you.."

"it's okay, child."

after that conversation, as if on cue, Jake came in the kitchen. he stopped on his tracks as he saw me eating. "on second thought, I'm going back up." he said as he turned.

"Jake! that's rude! get back here!" his mother shouted.

I saw a look of hesitance in his face but still did what his mother told him.

he sat across me, not bothering to look at me.

"so how was it? when you moved here?" the father asked.

"it was shocking. I didn't expect to see you Jake here at all..."

"fate brought--" Chris started.

"you and Jake--" Christian said

"together!" they both said.

"that's nonsense." Jake butted in.

"oh~ come on, jakey, admit it. you LIKED her and STILL do." junpei said back while wiggling his eyebrows.

"I don't! and I never will!" Jake shouted back as he stood up.

after that, he sighed and went back to eating his food.

their mother shot the three boys a death glare. the boys then looked back at their food and went silent. Alice, on the other hand, tried to suppressed a giggle. Mr.Wilson (father) didn't mind about what was happening.

I guess this happens everyday, here. I thought.

after dinner, Mrs. Wilson asked Alice if she could take me home since the boys had homework to do.

**********

during the drive, Alice suddenly said. "I know you still like him. but you just don't want to admit it."

I looked at her and said. "what are you talking about? he's a big jerk with no feelings."

" you're wrong. Jake is a sweet boy. anybody any girl will be lucky to have him. specifically you." she said as she kept her eyes on the road.

I blushed instantly then looked out the window so that Alice can't see my flushed face.

after a few minutes, we arrived at home. 2 minutes before 8:30.

I unbuckled my seatbelt then, went out. before she left, she opened the windshield at my side. I asked. "what is it?"

a small smile was suddenly spreading across her face and then, she looked at me and said "don't give up, okay?"

after that, she closed the windshield and immediately left.

I was there standing clueless until I understood what she meant. I felt myself blushing.

"HECK NO!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

____________________

so how was this chapter? was it good? I hope so.

vote

comment

thanks!