chapter 16

Alice's p.o.v:

*on the phone*

"thank you so much, Mrs. Jade." I said on the phone. "and I'll just return her to you on 8:30.. is that alright?" I asked worriedly.

"yes, yes. it's alright."

"thank you so much!"

we both bid our farewells.

I put the telephone back to where it belongs and went to where I heard merillyn's voice.

I heard Merillyn saying her farewell until I stepped in. "I told your mother if it's okay for you to stay for dinner and she said it's okay;)"

"yeay!! Meri's staying for dinner!!"

I chuckled softly. but then I remembered. we didn't have any ingredients left for dinner.

"merillyn, if it's alright, can you please accompany me in doing the groceries?"

"..... sure" were her words.

in the inside, I was very excited because my siblings are very busy with pretty much everything. (by everything, I mean video games) so they don't have time with groceries and stuff. except for Jake. he always helps me with the groceries. in other words, in doing the groceries, I was always with him.

it's my first time with a girl.

"I'm ready, Merillyn." I told her.

she looked at me and nodded her head. after that, I went outside, followed by her and then, went in the garage to get my car. I told her to wait for awhile and she obeyed.

after that, she went in the car.

Merillyn's p.o.v:

I looked back and saw that the house was already out of sight.

"so..." Alice started. "I... still don't get what happened between you and Jake... is it okay if you tell me?"

I started thinking....

I nodded my head and started my story.

4 years ago:

it was already spring. the time when we went to where the cherry blossoms were about to bloom.

*************

Jake invited me to watch it with him. and I agreed since I was free.

"hey... do you want to watch the cherry blossom trees bloom with me?...." he was hesitant and I knew that something was wrong. but I didn't want to admit it. because I wanted it to be a memorable event.

after school, he waited for me outside the classroom. (we were not classmates at that time.)

"let's go?" he asked.

"okay!" I said happily.

I held his hand and he flinched for a bit. then, pushed my hand away from him gently.

"sorry about that... could we not hold hands for today?" he asked sadly.

"um.... okay." I responded with sadness.

the whole walk was a silent one. and I began to wonder why. after a few minutes, we arrived at our destination.

my eyes widened in amazement and I wanted to make this moment last. but apparently, once the cherry blossoms bloomed, he immediately wanted to go back.

I couldn't handle the temper inside of me. so I let it all out. though I didn't shout.

"are you okay?" I asked at him with worry.

No response.

"Jake, im talking to you." I stated.

Still no response.

"Jake!" I finally shouted.

He stoped walking and turned to look at me. His eyes were on the verge of tears.

"Not now.... Please." Were his words. I did what he told me to do. I didn't say anything then. He just returned me home. There was no goodbye.

*************

The next day, i went to school and everyone was just doing their normal thing. Apparently, Jake was not at school. So i spent my time alone. I didn't have friends back then too. So Jake was the only one i had.

Then, at lunch, i was walking down an empty hallway and overheard a few students-- which were jake and his friends talk. They talked about me and jake.

"Okay! So you really did the bet! As expected of you, jake."

"Bet?" I asked, revealing myself.

"Yup! A bet. Jake here was just doing a bet. And the whole thing was a joke though. You guys were never 'that' and he doesn't like anybody. Why would you even think that a popular, like jake, would like a geek like you?" His friend said straight forward.

I gulped. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. And it struck me hard.

"I'm sorry.... I didn't mean for this to hit you so hard. It was fun hanging out with you and all but... That was all a bet..... I'm sorry, merillyn."

After that sudden confession, his friends and himself left me there, speechless.

I fell down on the grpund defeated and tried to process everything that happened but it was so hard. For a whole semester, we've been together, only to find that it was all a joke. I was a toy for their little game.

The next day, i heard that he was moving someplace else. And that made me a bit happy because i wasn't seeing him anymore. But then, my parents told me that we will have to move in tokyo at the middle of the year.

End of flashback.

____________

So how was it???? Feel bad for her?? Well, i do. Sorry for the late update. I had some difficulties in making the story.... But here's the update.

Vote

Comment

Thanks!