Chapter 28

Jake's p.o.v:

I arrived at school. But. I was so late. I arrived at my classroom hearing the death of my father. Stuff like these really do spread around fast.

"Jake. Sorry about your father." My best friend told me while patting my back sadIy and Inodded my head in response.

"When's the burial?"

"This Saturday."

"I see.."

When I sat on my chair, I looked at Merillyn's direction. She was talking with Zach. Cally was with them too.

Then, they suddenly started congratulating Cally.

Merillyn hugged her while Zach smiled and pat her head.

Disgusting.

Whatever they're celebrating about sure is making Cally blush dang hard. What's wrong with me lately, anyway? I keep on having micpxed feelings. One minute, I'm sad and then the next, I'm angry. I guess this is the result if you lost someone you love.

"Jake.."

I looked at that direction of the voice and saw Merillyn. My eyes were probably somewhat glaring at her because she looked nervous to talk to me.

"I'm sorry about your father.. I... I just didn't.."

"Just shut up. I thought you hate me? If so, then leave me be. I don't want to handle any more problems than I already have. You're an eyesore to everybody."

I spouted nonsense. No Merillyn.I didn't mean that. Please believe me. I'm just so lost in this world when I lost my father. So please bear with my selfishness for now, Merillyn.

Merillyn left without a word but I guess she just wants to get this over with. I really don't get her. A few days ago, she was all 'I hate you, Jake. Stay away from me.' Type and now she's all 'I feel your pain.,

God, Merillyn, you're driving me nuts with all your different emotions. Like you're a computer.

Merillyn's p.o.v

Yeah, right, Jake. But there's no way that I'm letting you get away with this. What I mean by that, is letting him get his senses back. This is getting way too much of a drama.

"Cally, can I borrow any of your book?" I asked Cally who was talking with Zach.

"Um.. Yeah, sure. But just don't destroy it." She says as she hands me her Math book.

I took it without hesitation and walked over to Jake. He looked at me with a depressing look. And just hit iphis head at the desk while closing his eyes.

My eye twitched at his sudden change of attitude. So I positioned myself, raised the book up, then hit his head with a loud Bang!

____________________

Late.. Sorry..