chapter 31

Jake's p.o.v:

Yes! She just walked pass him. I'm saved. Now, I gotta work my way. Merillyn, I'll make you fall for me again. I'm not losing to Zach. I knew you for a year. He knew you just a few weeks ago. After this, I'll plan to make it up to you. I'm bipolar today..

Zach stood silently as everybody began to feel sorry for him. His pals went near and then patted him on the shoulder. "I'm not giving up." I heard him.

He gave the bouquet to one of his friends and then went, going to my direction. Oh no. I ran inside a classroom to avoid any enemy but to be met by my ex girlfriend..

Melody.

"Sorry, I got in the wrong classroom." I murmured as I opened the door.

"Wait." I heard her.

"I'm sorry. About your father. And being insensitive about you.."

"It's fine."

"Can you stay here with me?"

A short pause occurred and I have no idea what to say. I was about to say 'okay'. But that one flash of picture in my mind about the girl that I had dated for a year came. I let her go before. The jerk I was, let her go. But now, I have a second chance and I'm not gonna let that pass.

"I'm sorry. I'll just call your best friend over for your company."

"No. It's fine, thank you." She thanked me and said: "Goodbye Jake." I nodded as a farewell.

***************

Merillyn p.o.v:

It's been a week since my fight with Jake and the asking out from Zach. And since then, Zach hasn't stopped asking me out. I really want him to stop because it's already getting on my nerves. I like the Zach before the friendly one. Not the in love one.

And as I said, it's been a week since I also didn't talk to Zach. We only passed by each other and we didn't greet each other. It brought a little sting in my heart.

And I knew right then that I was in love with the guy who broke my heart.

The cherry blossom's blooming is near. Only one more week and it's time for the viewing of the beautiful cherry trees. I remember Jake's family inviting us to go with them. And then Jake's dad..

"Merillyn." I turned behind me and saw Zach.

Please no more Zach!

I said in my mind.

"Walk around the park with me after class. If I can't convince you to go out with me, then I give up. I'll forget these feelings and I'll remain as your buddy and friend. Meet me at the gate entrance after class."

"Okay.." I agreed.

We both went together going to class. And we were silent and awkward. Both of us deep in our thoughts.

I don't really want him to get hurt. But this is how it should be. I'm sorry Zach..

~~~~~~~~

Long time update.... I'm sorry and this book is nearing its end.... Thanks for supporting it anyways:)