R E N J U N ; 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒! (2)

my fingers outlined the smooth plastic of the menu, hovering over a few choices, before changing my mind again.

ohmygodd there's so many choices to choose from. how can i ever choose?

i scanned the cafe, observing what most of the other customers were having. i swallowed my saliva, seeing the tasty desserts on display in the refrigerator. as a 19 year-old, i definitely get too carried away when it comes to spending money on desserts. i tend to order so much when i dont decide on just one dessert. eating too much desserts wasn't really a problem for me because i don't gain weight no matter how much i eat. its weird but im not going to complain. 

still not being able to make up my mind, i decided to ask the waiters for help. like i always do.

" uhm, excuse me ? " i raised my hands halfway, signalling towards a waiter who was cleaning the table beside mine.

the waiter, who looked like a guy my age, looked up, acknowledging my presence.

" please give me a moment miss. ill be there in just a minute " he smiled warmly, before carrying the dirty plates to the kitchen.

i nodded before scanning the menu again, trying to make up my mind.

caramel fudge brownies sounds nice but chocolate lava cake sounds good too

" do you wish to order miss? " the waiter reappeared , standing at my table with a notepad and a pencil in his hands.

" uhm..can i get recommendations on what type of dessert i should get? i cant seem to make up my mind "

" of course! our top two bestsellers are chocolate cappuccino cheesecake and blueberry peach cobbler.  i highly recommend blueberry peach cobbler though. its my very own favourite " the waiter grinned, showing his full set of teeth.

his crooked tooth makes his smile even more sweeter somehow

" ill go with blueberry peach cobbler then " i smiled back warmly, handing him the menu.

the waiter nodded and started writing down my order on his notepad, giving me time to observe his facial features. its no doubt that he's handsome. his light brown hair is swept neatly over his eyebrows and his soft eyes turns into crescents when he smiles.

somehow, my eyes drifted towards his name tag, which was clipped onto his uniform.

renjun

why is it that i feel like i've heard of that name before?

" um miss? " 

i rubbed my eyes repeatedly as i snapped back to reality.

ohmygod has he been talking to me the whole time and i was just staring at his name tag

" oh sorry. i got distracted " i answered, embarrassed.

" its okay. i just wanted to ask if thats all? no drinks? " 

" uh.. no drinks. thats all "

renjun smiled and nodded his head politely,before turning to leave.

why does it sound familiar..

shaking off my thoughts, i shifted my gaze towards the clear glass window beside me. everyone was walking so fast as though they were in such a rush, eyes glued on their phone screens.

what has society become?

suddenly, my train of thought was interrupted by the vibration of my phone. digging into my backpack, i fished out my phone and glanced at the screen.