J A E M I N ; 𝓇𝑜𝓎𝒶𝓁 𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇

『 Eat diamonds for breakfast and shine all day 』

*・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・☆・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・☆・゜・*:.。.*.。.:*・

special thanks to dongsyoki for the request! ❤️❤️

munching on my white chocolate raspberry triffle, i scanned the gold patterned room slowly. the tension was heavy, but i had to keep my cool.

i am the princess of Ausledia anyway. i have to act accordingly.

the sound of cutleries and polite chewing echoed in the large dining hall. eventhough i was sitting up straight, my head was constantly facing down - eyes fixed on my almost empty plate. we had guests over today but it felt as though i was the only one here. conversations didn't seem to exist at this point of time.

on my right, was my older sister, Clarice (24) , who was bound to be queen of Ausledia one day. 2 years ago, she was forced to marry the prince of Viterra because of our late grandmother's request.

sounds dumb right?

as much as the entire royal family was pretty much against forced marriage, we loved my late grandmother a lot.

there's no way we could deny her request when she just wants the best for us.

unfortunately, behind all the cameras and the media, Clarice and her husband aren't happy at all. they can't seem to accept each other's flaws and are constantly arguing. as Clarice's younger sister, i've tried so many ways to try to make them fall in love eventually. but alas, they were just not meant to be together.

thus, i've told myself numerous times that forced marriage can never bring true love. although forced marriages arent common these days, my sister's case has taught me otherwise. what's even more terrifying is that divorcing isn't really an option when you're a royal. when one divorces, he would bring great shame to the royal family and we might even lose our respect from our people. ( lMAO this is just bullpoop i came up with snsjnsjs )

" ah yes, so this fine lady here is princess rima i suppose? "

snapping back to reality, i looked up at the source of the voice, clearly alarmed.

" y-ye.. "

" yes indeed. " clarice answered on my behalf calmly, giving me a side glare.

thanking her silently, i smiled sheepishly as i continued to nibble on my dessert.

" im impressed. the both of you have grown up so well. the last time i visited was probably 10 years ago. king andrew, you must be very proud of your daughters " a loud voice boomed across the table, making me shiver a bit.

damn, i think my ear drums just burst.

why you being so loud for?

the guy, who i assumed was a close friend of my father's, turned to face my father with a wide smile on his face.

" indeed. oh yes, we will be proceeding to the meeting hall to discuss some personal matters later on. rima, you don't need to attend it " my father addressed me, making everyone's eyes fixed on me.

i wanted to ask why but i agreed anyway

" yes father "

soon after, the two kings and queens were deep in conversation about the kingdom's profits and so on.

i could barely understand 70% of what they were saying.

as my curiosity grew, i scanned the visitors' faces once more. without being obvious of course.