Y A N G Y A N G ; 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕖𝕤

" what do you mean you didn't get to rent a room with jeongyeon?! " 

" mom calm down- "

" hOW AM I SUPPOSED TO- "

" it's okay Ms Lee, y/n will be just fine on her own. and besides, we'll still be in the same building and we'll probably spend most of our time together " my best friend, jeongyeon interrupted my mom on the phone, using the sweetest tone possible.

if i ever interrupt my mom that way, i'd be dead by now

" ah jeongyeon is that you? " my mom's voice suddenly got softer, and muCh more gentler.

" yes! " she grinned widely, shoving my arm mockingly as i rolled my eyes in annoyance.

my mom had a soft spot for jeongyeon, she was pretty much a mom's friend with her friendly nature and smart mouth. as long as my mom knows that jeongyeon is around, she gets reassured almost instantly.

" alright then. jeongyeon please take care of my girl and make sure she doesn't bring a guy to her apartment "

" mOM- "

" hehe of course Ms Lee. we'll look out for each other, don't you worry " she cooed.

" that would be great. y/n dear don't forget to call me every night okay? " 

" okie "

" okay bye girls "

" bYe! " we exclaimed in unison as the call ended. 

exasperated, i let my body fall onto the soft mattress of jeongyeon's bed as i inhaled deeply, letting the unknown scent flood my nostrils.

" aren't you gonna help me unpack? " she whined as she unzipped her huge purple luggage.

" you're so lucky yeon " i mumbled, as my mind wandered elsewhere.

" hmm? what do you mean? " jeongyeon asked, checking herself out in the mirror while she tried on a few outfits she bought when we went shopping earlier.

" your roommate. she seems pretty reliable. and nice too! " 

" she didn't even acknowledge my presence  "

" uhm, but she keeps the house clean! " i added positively.

" i guess..? anyways, forget about her. what about your roommate? i wanna meet her " jeongyeon  grinned excitedly.

" i dunno yeon..what if she turns out to be someone i really dislike? like someone who doesn't clean up after herself. or someone who invites their noisy friends over every night. OH! someone who doesn't COOK?! i'll starve! and i'll have to live with her for the whole year! i wouldn't possibly be able to survive "

" now don't be so dramatic hun. you're literally the best cook i know "

" yeah,,but you know i don't like cooking on my own " i pouted.