Red

LANCE'S POV: 

I walk into the Garrison and feel eyes on me already. I can't believe I basically save someones life and all I do is get scared at. Like as if Keith almost dying in my arms wasn't scary enough , now I have all these people glaring at me like I was the one who knocked him out. 

"Lance MCclain, can I see you in my office for a second?" Principal Coran said touching my arm lightly before I start following him back to his office. He closes the door behind us as we walk in and I immediately lay down on the comfy couch in the back of the room. He takes a seat in at his desk and grunts as he knocks something off his desk.

"So.. what happened with Keith today?" He questions taking out a note book from his desk drawer and clicking his pen a couple of times awaiting my answer. 

"I-i don't know, I was just following him out of the cafeteria and he passed out, but he looked like he was in pain, not like he was just resting so I freaked out and brought him to the hospital. It was so scary Coran.." I say letting a couple of warm tears prick the corners of my eyes.

"I know I know Lance. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Thank you for telling the truth though. Is there anything I can do to make the rest of your stay here more enjoyable?" He asks obviously feeling uncomfortable at the question at hand. 

"No no, I'm good, I just want to be treat like any normal Cancer infected student here. I don't want anyone to know, and I definitely don't want any special treatment, i'm sorry for the trouble. Is it okay if I go now? I don't want to be late for class." I say getting up from the comfy couch heading towards the door. 

"Of course. And Lance?", He says before I go fully out the door, "Thank you." He plainly says as I nod and close the door behind me. I walk down the many hallways and find my room. The door slides open after I put my fingerprint in the scanner. My clothes were laying all over the floor like usual, but there was something unforgettable about the way my bed was messed up. 

I remember everything that had happened the night before, Keith. It's like he's everywhere. But no where at all. God I wish he knew. I wish he knew how much time I have left. 

"I'm sorry Keith..." I whisper falling to my knees letting my tears soak my white and navy blue long sleeved shirt. I crawl into my bed and try to sleep, curling myself up into a ball sobbing into my pillow, feeling the light slowly fading out of me. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEITH'S POV: 

"Go talk to him." Shiro says putting a hand on my shoulder pushing me towards the doors of the Garrison. 

"B-But." I say not wanting to talk anymore to the boy in blue. 

"No buts Keith! I've had enough with your shit! Get in there and be a man! I can't have you die just because you can't accept him!" He yells walking angrily to his car locking the doors behind him and driving away into the night. 

"Fuck." I say opening the doors to the Garrison and making my ways through the hallway and stop at Lances door. I hear sobbing coming from the other side of the door and my heart immediately stops. Did I do this? I bring my hand up to knock on the door but I hear Lances phone go off. I try to listen to what he's saying. Maybe he's talking about me? 

"Hi Mom, yes I'm okay. No! I told you I can't go through anymore chemo okay? It hurts Mama... I don't want to suffer anymore and I don't want you to feel sorry for me. Please. I'm sorry. I love you too. Goodnight Mama." He says, more sobbing comes from inside the room and something hard slams on the floor. 

I slowly back up tears pricking the corners of my eyes as I start running towards my room. Lance has Cancer? No he can't! He's my soulmate! He can't! I run into my room and fall face first onto my bed. 

"Damnit." I say slamming my fists against the soft bed under me. Tears stream out of my eyes and onto my blanket. This can't be happening. I shouldn't have pushed him away. I'm so stupid...

((Oh no, soooooorrrry, not sorry, whoops my hand slipped, sorry guys. This chapter is really short but I have a lot of homework to do so I wanted to make sure I updated at some point this weekend so here it is! Love you guys !)))