6

(( Hey if any of you read this I just want to let you guys know that I'm sorry for the late update. Yesterday was just not an emotionally good day for me. I had no motivation to do anything and I was crying the whole day. Thank you guys so much for reading these chapters. It really means a whole lot to me you know. Anyways enjoy the relatively happy chapter.. well I mean towards the end it gets happier. oof. Sorry I wrote half of this yesterday and I was just dead so all the fluff pretty much comes from today lmao))

KEITH'S POV:

The first night was the hardest. Falling asleep was next to impossible, and waking up to not find him next to me almost tore me apart. The first night in a year and 3 months that I've slept alone. I lay in the cold and empty bed staring at the ceiling counting all the dents in it from my knife. I toss it up once more letting the thick blade sink in and make a new spot. I sigh reaching to the side to steal my phone from the charging chord. 6:47. 

10 minutes till I have to leave for class. Even though lance is in the hospital I'm still being forced to go to School. My grades have dropped over the past couple of weeks and I have tests in almost every class today. Including Music. I mean what kind of fucking test are they going to give me in music that is so important. And unfortunately I've missed too many days so now I can't take anymore off unless it's an absolute emergency or I will have to take this year over again. Like what the hell!?

My body moves on its own, making my way across my dirty room, clothes thrown about everywhere, and sliding into the bathroom. I take a step in front of the mirror and examine myself from a far. The bags under my eyes are a lot darker then usual and my normal welcoming look is gone. It's now replaced by something awful, dread and anxiety. 

I look like I've been run over by a truck. And even worse Lance isn't here to make fun of me about It. By now he would've been hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder before going through his very long morning routine. But instead he's getting even more sick in a hospital bed by himself.

I brush my teeth and place on Lance's soft blue hoodie that he left here some time ago. It still smelled like him but lacked the overall Lance factor.I take a scrunchy from one of the drawers and pull my hair back into a messy bun not wanting to have to deal with it this morning. Placing all my book in my back I may my way out the door and to my first class.

----------------------------------------------------------

I stare down at my paper for what seems like hours, none of the questions make any sense. They look like jumbled words on a way too bright piece of paper.

"Alright Students your time is up! Please put all of your papers together and hand them forward." Mrs.Bergon says a little too excitedly.

I look down at my untouched test one more time before slamming it down on my desk and practically barging out of the room. I can hear Mrs.Bergon calling me back to the classroom but I don't listen. There's no point. I'm going to fail all these test anyways. So theres absolutely no point in taking them if I have better places to be.

I throw my helmet over my head not taking the time to click it into place before starting up my motorcycle and zooming out of the parking lot. All that matters to me now is Lance. the nurses great me as I walk into the hell that is this hospital. When I was younger I used to think I was cool for going to the hospital, everyone knew me because I was in there almost everyday. Now when I turn the corner and see the faces of the nurses I've come to love, I can't even muster a smile.

"Ah Keith I see you're back." Lotor says waving and smiling at me. 

"Yeah... how is he?" I question looking around to see if anyone else was here.

"His body is reacting well to the antibodies, but he's not feeling very well, it's just a side effect of them though so nothing we haven't seen before. Veronica is just getting ready to leave.. do you plan on staying the whole night? I could set up a cot in the room if you want." Lotor replied pushing the door open for Ronnie and moving to the side so that she could leave. She shoots me a smile as she walks past not even bothering to say hi. 

"Keith?"

"Yeah?"

"I asked about how long you were going to stay..."

"Oh yeah I'll be here all night, skip the cot though I'll just bunk with Lance." I say quickly removing my shoes and my jacket, then walking into the connecting hallway to get sprayed down by the correct gasses. It smelled like straight up alcohol. 

"Okay there is no way that can be any good for my remaining 2 brain cells." I say chuckling as I walk into the spacious room. lance could get up and run around it a couple of time if he wanted to. It looked like a god damn mini hotel. I don't hear a laugh from Lance so I cautiously turn my head towards him. 

"Annnnnnnnnnd he's asleep. perfect I need a nap anyways." I move closer to the bed and pull back the covers slowly sliding next to Lance and bringing him close to me. 

"I love you." I whisper before slowly falling asleep.

I love you 

6

((ew sorry lmao))