Overdrive

LANCE'S POV: 

I wake up in a very dimly lit room, my hand feeling warmer then the rest of my body. I look down to see an all to familiar mullet on this "bed" or whatever it is i'm laying on. I try to move my hand but realize it wont budge. It actually hurts. Okay ow. Fuck.

"K-keith." I manage to blurt out my throat feeling like I haven't used it in days. His head immediately shoots up, he looks like he's been sleeping for months and I just woke him up from hibernation. 

"Sorry." I whisper looking back up at the ceiling. All I hear is a grunt come from him. 'What happened anyway?' 

"No no it's okay, long day, by the way do you want your hand back?" He says , I look down at my hand that's now being held over the bed, 'So that's why my hand is so warm, cute' 

"Nah I'm good. Can we get out of here though? It's really creepy and this bed is uncomfortable as hell." I say chuckling into the darkness as Keith lets out a sigh and rises to his feet. He help me up using the hands that were still intertwined. We make our way out of the nurses office and down the long hallways back to my room. I place my hand on the cold sensor once it emits a green light we head in. I plop my whole body down on my bed not feeling like removing my shoes or any of my clothing. 

"Your so lazy. You act like your dying." Keith says with a chuckle and a smile forming on his lips. 

"One day I will.." I mumble into the pillow hoping that he didn't hear me. 

"What?" he asked his body moving closer to the bed, I let out the breath that I must've been holding in since my last words. I roll over pulling off my shoes and my uncomfortable pants. I throw myself into the covers as Keith just stands there a red tint on his cheeks. 

"Are you just going to stand there or are you coming?" I say with a barely visible smirk on my face. He makes his way over and I shift my body so he can fit on the rather small bed. He climbs in slowly feeling the warmth slowly encase him. I pull him to my chest and look him in his eyes. 

"Thank you." I say staring deep into the universe like eyes in front of me. I close my eyes and rest my forehead on his feeling his warm breath hit my face, I can hear my own heart pounding like a drum in my chest refusing to quit. My face is hot and my mind is racing but i'm here with Keith, I may not be okay in my lungs, but i'm okay every where else, my heart is full, and I can finally sleep in peace. 

I am Lance Carlos Mcclain and I am not okay, my body is slowly dying from the inside manifesting every single crease and vain inside of me. I am scared, scared as hell for what is to come, but as of right now, I am at peace, with my favorite person in my arms to guide me through everything. My guardian angel. Keith.

((SOOOOOOO here's some major fluff, AND OMG GUYS WE HIT 1.2K READS THANKYOU SO MUCH to everyone who has taken time out of their day to read this pretty bad story, I really hope you guys like it! my dm's are always open and I hope you like this chapter and the story in general. Again thank you so much I didn't even expect this story to get 10 reads and now we hit the thousands. I couldn't have done it without you!!!!!!<3 <3 <3

Word Count: 546 )))))))