Beginning

LANCE'S POV: 

"KEITH" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I drive down the narrow pathway, and what seemed like a very badly built road, if you could even call it that. My eyes dart everywhere searching for any sign of the mullet haired boy. I almost give up after an hour of searching the area. 'How the hell did he get so far by foot...?'

I was about to turn back when I noticed a bobbing black thing walking the opposite direction in which my car was now going. I hope out of the car and make sure to turn off the engine before running after him.

"KEITH!" I say as I start picking up pace. But he doesn't stop. He just keeps walking as if he didn't hear me. I finally catch up to him and grab onto him arm, I could practically feel the heat radiating off of him with the little contact that I made.

"K-keith... I'm sorry, my dad.... he's an asshole. he didn't mean it okay.. Please come home with me.." I say catching my breath in the middle of my sentence. I hear nothing but a small sniffle coming from the boy in front of me. Ive been with Keith long enough to know that Keith doesn't cry. And when he does it's something really serious. 

Keith turns to me red eyed, tears falling from his eyes as tears threatened to fall from mine, piercing the sides of my eyes making them feel itchy and irritated. I scanned the boy in front of me for any signs that could tell me what to do. I found my eyes wondering back to his eyes, the ones that used to hold so much joy were now washed in his own fears. I did this. I did this to him.

I lunge forward and hug the boy in front of me, praying that he's okay. please be okay.

"I'm so sorry..." I sobbed into Keith's shoulder, he just stood their not hugging back just starring off into the distance and letting his tears fall onto my back soaking my shirt. His hair laying over his eyes so anyone who passed couldn't see them. 

"I-it's okay Lance.... Please don't c-cry" Keith finally says hugging me back. We stay like this for a few moments more waiting until both of our tears stopped coming and we were more calm then before. Keith pulls me off of him holding onto my shoulders and starring into my eyes, pieces of his hair still covering his face. He gave me a faint smile and grabbed my hand pulling me back towards the car. 

"come on Loverboy, it's fucking cold out here." He chuckles. We get into the car and I start it slowly pulling back onto the road with my newly gained passenger, his hand placed firmly on my thigh as we drove back to the house to get our stuff. We stop in front of the house not really knowing what to do next.

"Okay.... I'll go in and get our stuff.. are you okay waiting out here or do you just want to leave, we can pick stuff up from shirt's and I can just buy new clothes and use the old ones that are still in my drawer?" I say trying to give multiple options to Keith. He looks out the window quickly before answering my question.

"I'm not letting you go in there by yourself, and you're not buying new clothes so I guess were both going in because if you buy 20 crop tops and short shorts I might actually have to disown you." He says opening his side door and pulling mine open, "After you my good sir."

"Why thank you." I step out of the car and intertwine my hands with his, we make our way up the the fainted yellow house, pausing at the front door. Both of us mentally preparing for the stuff that was about to go down inside the McClain house. 

I take a deep breath and open the door.

Word count: 666

((I had to stop the chapter on a cliff hanger obviously, also because I really wanted it to be 666 words because I'm weird, but yeah here you go, I really like this chapter too, I feel like my writing is getting a lot better since I started writing on here.. AND OMG GUYS WE HIT 5K READS!!!! SHOULD I DO A SPECIAL CHAPTER TO CELEBRATE !? LMKKKKK <3))