Prove it

Enzo

After Julian's suspension lifted, he returned to school. Only he came back to a surprise. He pulled into the parking lot to see Elias waiting for him. He got out of his car, and Elias walked towards him, but Julian hauled off and punched him in the gut. Cade and I laughed. Everly and Andi rolled their eyes. What? It was hilarious.

At lunch, a delivery guy walked in and handed Julian two dozen flowers. Then he promptly left. He looked at the flowers and us. We all sat there looking at him.

He got up, and we followed him. He walked out of school, and we stood at the door. No way were we going outside. It's freaking winter and cold.

He saw Elias. He promptly walked over and whacked him across the face with the flowers. Then dropped them before turning around and coming back into the school.

"Damn, that was harsh," Cade said to him as he walked past him.

"Maybe he shouldn't have been a twat." He shrugged as he walked away.

We laughed as the girls dragged us away from the door.

After school, Elias cornered him. He glared at Elias.

"Julian, please listen to me," he begged.

"Okay, but first, I would like to give you something," he smiled sweetly.

"Really?" Elias got his hopes until Julian kneed him in the junk, causing him to drop.

Ooh, Cade, and I promptly covered our junk. That was harsh. Julian stepped over him as he went to his car.

Andi walked over to him, and Elias looked at her in pain. "I think you will have to try harder."

He coughed. "I thought you guys said this stuff would work?"

Cade looked at him, "We said it might work. But we also forgot to tell you Julian has his dad's temper. Oops, my bad," Cade said.

I laughed. Elias groaned.

No offense but mess with one of us, and we show no mercy. Elias shouldn't have been a twat. Julian isn't just our best friend, but our brother. Maybe next time he will think long and hard before he tells someone he will wait and flirt with some other asshole.

Julian

I walked into the house, and Dad looked at me. "You okay?"

"Yep," I said as I went into the kitchen.

There was a knock at the door, and Dad got up and answered it. He looked at Elias, who looked pitiful. "I don't want to know."

"Can I see Julian?" He asked.

"Julian! You got a pitiful-looking visitor," Dad yelled.

I walked in as I bit into an apple. "Yes," I asked Elias.

He walked by Dad and over to me. "Look, I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

I looked at him then pursed my lips. "Okay."

"Really?" He looked at me, surprised.

"No," I said.

His expression changed.

"What can I do to convince you I'm serious?" He asked me.

"Prove it," I told him.

"I'll do anything. Tell me what you want me to do, and I will do it," Elias begged. Hmmm, begging sounds fantastic right now. That's when I got an idea.

"Okay, beg," I said as I took a bite out of my apple.

"Excuse me?"

I held the apple in my hand as I chewed. I swallowed the piece of apple in my mouth. "You heard me, beg."

He stared at me.

"You want to prove it, then get down on your knees and beg," I said, not smiling.

Dad stood there, watching us as Elias took a deep breath and got down on his knees. He placed his hands together and begged, "Please, Julian. Forgive me for being a twat. I promise never to keep my word. Please."

I looked at him as I took a bite of my apple and shrugged. "Eh, I'll think about it." I walked past him and went upstairs. Elias sat back on his heels and sighed.

"Do you want my advice?" Dad asked him.

"It will not get me kneed in the junk again, will it?" He asked him.

He chuckled. "No, but sometimes a rainbow puts everything into perspective."

He looked at Dad as Dad smirked.

Rain

Antonio and I would see Adrian, our friend. Well, my friend. I kidnapped Adrian. He was now my friend.

We pulled up and got out. We walked to the front door and knocked. Adrian answered it, and I hugged him. He hugged me back. Antonio came inside and closed the door, then Adrian called Julian downstairs.

I looked at the guy that was standing there with tattoos.

"Who are you?"

"Elias," he said.

"I don't know you," I said as he looked at me.

"Remember, you're here to help them, honey. Elias is the boy who likes Julian," Antonio told me.

"Oh, like Cole and Wade," I said.

"Yes," Antonio answered.

"Hey, Rain," Julian greeted me. I waved to him.

Antonio leaned in and whispered, "It's time for a rainbow."

"Oh, yes," I said as I looked at Elias. "You're a jerk." They all looked at me, surprised. "I don't know why you're all so surprised. You don't flirt with another guy if you like someone. That makes you a jerk."

They made no sense. I shook my head and looked at Julian. "And you're a jerk too."

They all did a double-take.

"Rain," Antonio said as he facepalmed himself as Adrian tried not to laugh.

"Well, they are. I mean, who acts the way they do? If you like each other, you hold hands and kiss. Not flirt with other people and hit each other. Do you want a rainbow? Well, rainbows aren't jerky. They're pretty. Don't be a jerk," I told them.

Adrian fell laughing.

"Now kiss and hug," I ordered them.

"Um, Rain, it's not that simple," Julian said to me.

"Sure, it is. You say your sorry, kiss and hug each other. That's what you do when you're wrong. Ask Antonio. He's always wrong," I said as Adrian was on the floor laughing, and Antonio sighed. "Now," I said seriously. "Go on."

Julian walked over to Elias and apologized as Elias apologized. Then Julian kissed him. When he tried to pull away, Elias didn't let him.

"See simple. Okay, I'm ready to go now," I said as I walked past Antonio and out to the car. Antonio stood there and heard the horn, which meant to move it. He's so slow.

Adrian sat on the floor, still laughing as Elias and Julian kissed. Sometimes you need a rainbow to make things pretty.