Making things official

Cade

Cole adopted Blake and Brooklyn. He wanted it official like me. It didn't matter, though. He is as much our father as Wade is to us. Even if they are both crazy nuts.

They filed papers, and the minute Cole signed them, he became their legal parent. Legal documents or no papers, he was and will always be our dad.

Our lives are better with Wade and Cole in it, even if Cole likes to bake cakes for every occasion.

While we celebrated our moment, Julian was having a moment of his own.

Julian

I was ready to take the next step with Elias. We were up in his room, and things got heated. I went further until Elias stopped me.

"Julian," Elias said.

"What?" I asked.

He looked at me and sighed. "I don't think we should go further."

"Why not? My therapy is going well, and I'm doing better. We're a couple. Isn't it time we take the next step?"

Elias got up and ran his hand through his hair. I looked at him.

"Yeah, in time, but we're taking things slow," he reasoned.

"Right, slow," I said as I stood up and grabbed my jacket.

"Where are you going, Julian?" Elias asked me.

"Home," I answered.

"Wait, is that why you came over here? So we could have sex?" He looked at me, and I didn't look back at him. "Wow, okay, then let's have sex." My head snapped into his direction as he stripped down to his boxers. "Well, you want to have sex. Let's have sex."

I stared at him.

"Yeah, I didn't think so," he said as he got dressed. "Julian, you may think you're ready, but you're not. Go home."

I turned and left his room. I didn't know what to think. All I wanted was to have this moment, and it blew up in my face.

I went for a drive. I needed to clear my head. What is wrong with me? Why can't I seem to figure things out?

I went to see Enzo. If I went to see Cade, he would ask me if I was on crack. Yeah, I don't think so.

We hung out in his room, and I told him what happened.

"Are you on crack?" Enzo asked me.

I gave him a look.

"Julian, you've been going to therapy because sex got you into trouble. Maybe Elias is doing you a favor," he signed.

"So, you're saying I asked for someone to assault me?" I asked him.

"No, but everything happens by the choices we make. You need to stop thinking people will hurt you when they're honest," he explained.

I sat there. Enzo isn't the type to be harsh about things. He's usually levelheaded.

"Give him some time," he reasoned.

I looked at him. That's the thing; maybe I killed my relationship with Elias. I wasn't so sure anymore.

I listened to Enzo and gave Elias his space. The only thing was, he didn't call me, and I hadn't heard from him. I even asked Andi about him.

I found her at her locker and walked over to her. "Hey, Andi," I greeted her.

"Hey, Julian," she said to me as she put her stuff in the locker.