Prom memories and love

Enzo

After spring break, the weeks flew, and before we knew it, prom night arrived. When my driver's license arrived, Dad helped me with a car and had a light panel installed. That way, I could take Everly to prom properly.

Cade was going with Andi, and Julian was going with Elias. Since Wade and Cole were chaperoning, Blake and Brooklyn stayed with Grandma and Grandpa.

I got ready and came downstairs. My parents took pictures, which was excellent. It was as much as my moment as it was theirs.

I left to pick up Everly. When she opened the door, my breath caught in my throat. She was stunning, which I told her so. She replied with a kiss, even better. I like her, thank you.

We went to prom and walked inside. Inside, we looked for the others. We found them sitting at the table. We took a seat.

"It's about time you two showed up. Were you making out," Cade asked.

"No, we have better restraint than some I know," I replied, causing everyone to laugh.

"It isn't my fault. I blame Andi," Cade pointed at Andi.

"Oh please, if it weren't for me, you'd be single, overthinking everything," she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Cade said as he sighed.

"Can you believe in a few weeks we will graduate and come fall, going off to school," Julian asked us.

"It's like one chapter closes and a new one begins," Everly said to us.

"Yeah, but that's what supposed to happen. Think about it. Everything we go through sets us on the direct path where we're supposed to be heading," Elias added.

It made sense. People say because of our family's past; It changed our future. I don't think so. I think they were unfortunate circumstances. I think what happened with all of us was our own doing. We made the choices, not our parents.

We had dinner then afterward; I got up and led Everly to the dance floor. I took her in my arms, and I looked at people, then took the lead. I may not hear music, but my heart understands love. Love guides us; we just have to follow it.

As we danced, I couldn't imagine a better moment than right here. When I think back to how Everly and I met, it took us colliding into each other to lead us to this moment.

Cole may have set us on the path to each other, but it was us that ultimately fell in love with each other. That's why tonight I wanted to share that one special moment with her.

We danced for a while, then when no one was looking, I led her out of prom. We walked to the elevators, and I pressed the button. Once they opened, we stepped into them. I pressed a button, and it took us to the floor of the room I rented. Well, Elias rented. I told him I would pay him back. He said not to worry about it.

We walked to a room, and I opened the door. I turned on the light, and the room was simple. I had flowers and balloons waiting for Everly. She looked at it and smiled.

I closed the door and walked towards her. She looked at me as I looked at her back. I placed my hands gently on her face as I captured her lips. She put her hands on top of mine.

We slowly removed each other's clothes until both of us were naked. I picked Everly up and carried her to the bed. Laying her down, I slowly kissed her delicate skin. I wanted to cherish every moment with her.

Before I did anything, I placed protection on then I positioned myself in between her legs. She looked at me and nodded slowly, giving me the signal. I entered her, and she gasped, so I stopped. I waited for her. I would remain for her forever.

Once she was ready, I moved as I made my way back to her lips. We went slowly, and I made love to her. I wanted to be gentle and tender with her. To me, Everly was my everything, and I wanted to cherish her in every way.

It was nothing like I imagined. It was more, so much more, and I'm glad I could share it with Everly.

After we finished, she laid there on her side, looking at me as she caressed my face. They sometimes say that we need no words. I believe that's true. Sometimes all you need is for your heart to do the talking.

When two people's hearts connect, they say what can't speak. You just have to listen.

"I love you, Enzo," she signed.

"I love you more," I spoke in my deaf voice.

She smiled, and so did I as I leaned towards her and kissed her.

Tonight was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better night than this. I wrapped my arms around her and drifted off to sleep.

The next day, I awoke and looked to see Everly gone. I got up and made my way to the bathroom. I saw movement with the shower curtain and pulled the shower curtain aside and got inside. Yeah, I know what you're all thinking, but can you blame me? Sex is a lot of fun, especially with someone you love.

Eventually, we got dressed, and I took her home. I walked her to her door, kissed her, then went home. When I came in, I came face to face with my parents, well, shit.

Dad motioned me to follow him. We sat down at the table, and he set a mug of coffee in front of him and me. Mom had hot cocoa.

"Please tell me you were safe," he said to me.

"Yes," I replied.

"Enzo, I can't stop you from," he said until Mom cut him off.

"Sex. What your father is saying is sex."

Dad gave her an incredulous look as I looked at her, surprised.

"I don't know why you're both looking at me like that. Sex is a natural thing and relieves stress. At least it does for me. When I'm stressed, your dad has sex with me. It's a good thing your grandpa didn't hurt him because then you wouldn't be here," she said, a matter of fact.

"Rain!" Dad exclaimed.

"Antonio! I don't know why you feel the need to go around the word sex and its sexual intercourse. No one uses the correct terminology," she told him.

My mouth dropped open.

Dad looked at the ceiling and prayed.

"Enzo, when you have sexual intercourse, always use a condom because you can have a baby or a sexually transmitted disease. Although if this is your first time having sexual intercourse with Everly, then I doubt you will get a sexually transmitted disease. Was it Everly's first time?" Mom asked me.

I laid my head down on the table. It was the last thing I wanted to discuss with my parents, especially Mom.

"Is anyone home?" Grandpa yelled. Oh, thank god. I made the great escape. I ran passed Grandpa, and Mom and Dad came out of the kitchen. He saw me then saw them. "I'm not even going to ask."

"Enzo had sexual intercourse," Mom said as she turned around and walked into the kitchen while Grandpa chuckled.

Not the way I wanted to have this talk, and I never want to again, like ever.