#Nine

Yoongi woke early the next morning to the sound of muffled whimpers. His eyes popped open instantly and he rolled out of bed, cautiously walking over to the dresser in the corner of his room.

The little boy looked over at Yoongi and then yelped, continuing to cry under his blankets.

Yoongi go to his knees so he could be closer to the top of the dresser, "Jimin?" He spoke quiet and soft, not wanting to startle him.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't cry." Yoongi reached out and gently pulled the blanket down from over the Tiny's head.

Jimin opened his eyes slightly and looked up at him. He sniffled and rubbed his eyes.

"Did you get scared?" Yoongi asked.

The Tiny nodded slowly, obviously still a little frightened.

"It's okay, you're safe here." Yoongi reached over and picked Jimin up who'd made little grabby hands at him. The Tiny latched onto Yoongi's shirt, resuming the place he'd been in yesterday.

"You like that spot, don't you?" Yoongi chuckled and walked into the kitchen. Jimin just hummed quietly in agreement.

"Safe," Jimin mumbled. He said it in the same time as he did yesterday- his first response to being with Yoongi. The older's heart skipped a beat just thinking about that.

"Are you hungry?" Yoongi wondered, pulling open the fridge. The Tiny nodded, "I don't have much for breakfast. I have cereal- or I can make you a pancake."

Jimin's head popped up.

"Pancake?"

Jimin nodded.

"Okay, then. Can I set you down? Or do you wanna stay?" Yoongi wondered, reaching for a bowl with one hand while still holding onto Jimin with the other.

"Stay. My eyes are all puffy. I look ugly with puffy eyes."

"Let me see, I'll be the judge of that." I slowly pulled him back and sat him on his hand. Though, he kept his eyes covered.

"Don't be shy." Yoongi chuckled and sat him down on the counter, "And, never think of yourself as ugly, okay? Because, you aren't ugly."

"That's easy for you to say! You're really cute!" Jimin exclaimed, his face becoming red from embarassment, "I- I mean-"

"If I'm cute then you're adorable. It's only fair." Yoongi stated, barely changing the tone of his voice as he began to mix the powder with water. He'd made sure to get the kind you didn't have to put eggs in.

"Sure it is. Now, how much do you want?"

"Just normal size- I guess. Er- normal for my size," Jimin's voice became quiet once again. He kicked his legs back and forth nervously, biting his lip. He was having... Mixed emotions. If he seemed energetic, it was only because his body had seemed to go into overdrive. He was terrified to go to a new home, once again, since all his other homes had been horrible. He didn't know what to expect, though, something about Yoongi told him this home may finally be the one he was looking for. But, still, he feared. Yoongi, himself, though, calmed those fears.

The Tiny reached out, seeing Yoongi turn around. The brown-haired boy picked him up and placed him on his shoulder once again. Then, Yoongi remembered what Jiyeon had said about scratching behind Jimin's ear. So, he reached up and gently began to scratch there. Jimin's body shivered and he began to purr; his tail curling around Yoongi's forearm.

Yoongi chuckled and went back to check on their breakfast. He carefully flipped each pancake with one hand and flopped them onto plates. He loved the tiny plates, bowls, cups, and utensils that were given to him for while Jimin was still too small for regular ware.