CHAPTER 13

I can't believe I'm doing this. Today is the day I die. The lady checks if the thing that keeps us safe and alive is tight enough and lock into place. She walks back to the board with all the switches and buttons that controls this death trap.

"Are you ready Tessa?" Hunter asks. He is sitting in the seat next to me. "No." I simply reply. We start moving very slowly. As we slowly move more upwards the nervousness starts to build. I think I'm going to throw up.

Suddenly we stop. We are just sitting at the top not knowing when it's going to drop. I can't help but look at the ground and... oh my god we are high up. I hate this. Then it drops.

 I have the weirdest feeling in my stomach. It feels like my heart stopped beating. I keep my eyes closed for the whole ride. It finally ends.

"See that wasn't so bad." Hunter says smiling. His hair is messy because of the wind. It's pointing in all directions but he somehow still manages to look hot. Luckily I brought an elastic band to put my hair up in a ponytail before we got onto that ride.

"I'm never doing that ever again." I say to Hunter. All he does is laugh. He should be happy I didn't throw up. "Do you want ice cream?" Hunter asks. I would never say no to food. "Yes please." I respond.

Hunter ordered a chocolate ice cream covered in rainbow sprinkles and I ordered the vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate and nuts.

"Do you want to go to the Ferris wheel?" he asks. Finally something that doesn't make me want to puke. "Yeah." I reply. We make our way to the Ferris wheel while eating our ice creams.

 "Next please." the girl says while checking Hunter out. She is not even trying to hide it. Can she stop? I see Hunter isn't bothered by this. He must be used to it.

We get in to  a bucket shaped thing. It wasn't long before we start moving. "What's wrong?" I asked Hunter. He has being acting weird ever since we got onto this Ferris wheel. Did I say something to upset him?

"Nothing, why?" he asks nervously. He is looking around on the ground almost as if he's looking for something or someone. "No it's just... it looks like something is bothering you." I explain. "No don't be silly." He says.

 I don't believe him because I can see that he is stressed out about something but I am not going to keep asking him about something that he is clearly trying to hide from me.

"Okay." I simply answer. I can see the whole city from up here. It's basically almost dark so I can see all the city lights peaking out from behind the trees.

There's so much beauty when your eyes lay lost in the city lights. I often think that the nights are more alive and brighter than the day.

Me and Hunter haven't said a word to each other since I questioned him about his strange behavior but he is still looking around with fear in his eyes. Is he scared of the dark or something?

He is looking even more nervous as we get closer to the ground. What is going on? He is starting to scare me.

"We're going home." Hunter states. The night just started. "Ok." I say confused. I'm actually a little disappointed because I was looking forward to spend some time with Hunter and get to know him better.

As we get out of the bucket he grabs my hand and drags me with him. I can barely stay on my feet.

Hunter's POV:

I need to get Tessa away from here. I don't want anything to happen to her and those people doesn't have mercy; they would kill her in an instant.

She has nothing to do with this and I don't want her to know either. If she finds out she will leave me and we just started getting along. My past is catching up with me. Things I've done in my past that I shouldn't have done and I regret doing it every day.

Flashback

"Hunter!" Justin shouts. "Yes?" I have been trying to be friends with him since 8th grade. He is the coolest guy in school. "I need you to do me a favor." He doesn't even ask me he just tells me. "Sure. What do you need me to do?" I would do anything just to get on his good side as long as it doesn't get me in trouble.

"I need you to go pick up my package in the alley behind Target." That's easy. "Isn't that where they sell the drug-""Shhh." Justin demands.

"No way. I'm not doing that." I whisper. I would do a lot of things but not this. "If you do it you can be in our friend group." is he bribing me? "Fine." I give in.

Flashback ends

That is a day I made the worst decision a guy could ever make. After that day I was expecting to be friends with the coolest guy in school but I wasn't, I never heard from him ever again, until the beginning of last year.