CHAPTER 29

Jessie's POV:

"Why are they taking so long?" I ask frustrated. "I don't know. They should have been back by now." Martin says, looking at the time."Shouldn't we call them or something?" Norman asks.

Suddenly another police officer bursts through the door. "They found them!" "And?" Marten asks."They arrested two men, Christopher James Jackson, he is the one who has been arrested before for kidnapping and the other guy's name is Brennen." He explains.

"Oh and guess what."

"What?"

"That guy we found dead in his house was his stepson! Crazy right?" He says disgusted.

Who kills their own family?

"What about Tessa and Hunter? Are they okay? Where are they?" I question, hoping that it is not bad news."The guy is okay. When we got there we found him and the Brennen boy beating the life out of each other but the girl lost a lot of blood. She is in the hospital right now, still unconscious."

What?

Oh my god.

"I have to call Mrs. Trainor." I say trying my best not to cry.Jenna went home to take a shower and have something to eat."You don't have to do that." The police officer says. "Why not? She has to know, it is her daughter we're talking about." I say while searching for her number on my phone. "No I mean you don't have to call her because I already did and she is on her way right now." He says.

 "If Tessa is at the hospital where is Hunter?" Norman asks."He and Taylor are at the hospital with the girl.""Can we go see them?" I ask the police officer who's name I still don't know."You can go to the hospital but I doubt that they will let you in." He says. "Let's go Norman." I say pulling him out the door and to his car.

 When we get outside I see that Jenna is already here. "Jenna!" I call her. I walk over to her while Norman walks to his car."We are on our way to the hospital. You can come with us." I suggest. "Thank you." She excepts my offer and the two of us walks over to Norman's car.

Hunter's POV:

I have been sitting outside of Tessa's room for at least three hours without any news. This is the second time Tessa is in the hospital because of me. I need to get out of her life before i do any more damage.I won't leave her.

Not right now.

She is going to need someone when she wakes up. "Excuse me? Are you family of Miss Trainor?" A nurse asks.

Where the hell did she come from?

"Yeah." I lie."Great, if you want you can come see her now. She is still asleep so she won't be able to talk to you and I don't think it would be a good idea to wake her up because she needs to rest." She says kindly.

"Thank you." I say as I am getting up. I stand still in front of the closed door for a few seconds thinking about Tessa the first time I saw her smile. Now that smile is gone because of me.

Jessie's POV:

"Can you please tell me where Tessa Trainor's room is please." Jenna asks the lady behind the counter. "Sure, just a sec." she says holding her finger up."Umm Tessa Trainor... only fam-" "I'm her mother and these are her brother and sister." She says pointing at us

."Okay, her room is on the third floor, room 169." She says kindly. "Thank you." We make our way to the elevator. Norman presses the button to the 3rd floor. After a while we finally found Tessa's room.

We all stand outside of the room for a while, just looking at Tessa lying on the bed with Hunter by her side. They are both asleep.