CHAPTER 8

I storm out of class. I need to get out of here. I make my way out of the building and I start walking. I don't know where I'm going but I'm not staying here. As I'm walking I decide to go to Starbucks, maybe there I would be able to just sit and relax without anyone there trying to make my life harder than it already is.

....

"One cappuccino please." I say to June. Wait what? June? "What are you doing here?" I ask surprised. "I work here." She says while pointing at her uniform. "Where don't you work?" I ask laughing. "Subway, but I'm working on that." She says and we both start laughing. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?" June asks with a raised eyebrow. Wow she sounds just like my mum. "Yeah but..." I'm going to sound so childish. "But what? You already got expended? Oh my god Tessa I was expecting more you." She says with a fake shocked expression on her overly makeup face. We both start laughing again.

"Hunter is there and I can't face him after-" I stop myself before I tell her something that is absolutely none of her business. I don't know if I could even trust her. I don't want me and Hunter's name in the newspaper in a day or two.

"After what Tessa?" June asks, he looks like someone who can keep a secret, I think. "Hunter punched someone this morning." I say, already regretting it. "So what does that have to do with you?" she asks confused. "They were fighting about my butt." I say with a straight face but I can't help but laugh when she starts laughing hysterically.

"Are you serious?" she asks, still laughing. "I'm dead serious!" my eyes are tearing up because of the laughter. "June!" I guy with a white uniform shouts. I think it is her boss. "I need to go before I get fired." She says waving goodbye. I get up and walk out of Starbucks. I think it is time for a little "Me time" no one except me. I think I'm going to the salon.

....

"Oh my god! Look at this!" Jennifer says to one of the other stylists. Jennifer is the girl who is doing my hair. I decide to just trim my hair a little.

"What Jen?" the other girl asks. It doesn't really look like she cares about what ever Jennifer is clearly freaking out about. "Look at this!" she almost shouts.

"What is it Jennifer?" the girl asks. She is clearly annoyed by Jennifer's current freak-out moment. "Corbyn just posted a selfie, and oh my god he looks good." She says while the weirdest sound escapes her mouth. I am not an expert or anything like that but I definitely know that that is not a sound a human makes.

The other girl rolls her eyes. I'm guessing she doesn't really like this Corbyn guy. "Look here Tessa!" she says shoving her phone in my face. "Wow." Is all I manage to say. He is hot I can't argue with that. It has been a while since I have been on Instagram. Maybe I should just log in and check out what is happening in the world.

I take out my phone just as Jennifer starts to blow-dry my hair. For some reason my password is ostrich flyer. Oh I am a weird person.

I scroll through my instagram feed and see that one of my high school friends is now married and another one has a baby. I like babies they are cute.

I have a few notifications, a few likes on old photos and one new follower. The follower is one of my old high school crushes.

I used to have the biggest crush on him but he became exactly the opposite person of what he used to be and I didn't like that side of him.

I wonder what made him want to follow me. I was never good enough for him anyways.