CHAPTER 31

Tessa's POV:

I can hear people talking but I can't see anything. Everything is black. Slowly I gain enough energy and strength to open my eyes. It's like I was dead and I just came back to life or I just woke up from hibernation. "Tessa?" Hunter asks. He slowly puts his hand on my hand."Tessa.""Hunter?" I reply. "Yes baby I'm here." He says, holding my hand. All of a sudden a girl walks in." Hallo." She simply says. "Hi, umm, she just woke up." I hear Hunter say.

 "Oh , Hallo Tessa, I'm Summer. You're in the hospital but you're going to be okay." She smiles at me.I'm in the hospital? All of a sudden the memories of what happened the last few days flashes in my head. We got away? The police must have found us.Where is Chris and Brennen? The last thing I remember is Brennen hitting me and then everything went black.

 "How do you feel?""Like shit." I answer truthfully. Don't worry you will feel better." She says, giggling. "Can I talk to you really quick?" Hunter asks Summer. "Sure." She replies and they both walk out. After a few seconds he walks back into the room and strait to the end of the bed. He is looking at papers that I am guessing is my medical file.

 He looks sad, like he is going to cry. "How long have I been out?" I ask Hunter because I know I have been asleep for a while. "About 9 hours." He says with sadness spread across his face. I groan as a sudden wave of pain goes through my head.

 "Tessa? What' wrong?" Hunter asks, rushing over to my side. "My head hurts." I say pinching my eyes shut. "I'll call the nurse." He rushes over to the door. "No! I'm fine." I stop him. "No Tessa. Summer!" he yells down the hallway."Hunter, please I'm fine." I say but I doubt he heard me. I don't want to yell at him because that is going to make my head hurt even more.

A few seconds later Summer runs into the room. "Tessa what's wrong?" she asks while looking at the heart beat monitor next to me. "Nothing, I'm fine. Hunter is just overreacting." I say eying him.

"Tessa I-"

"I'm fine, I promise. I Just have an headache." I say to Summer. "I'll bring you some pain killers...and you need to stop worrying so much." She points at Hunter. A few minutes later she's back with the pain killers. After drinking them I fell asleep.

Hunter's POV:

I'm woken up by a irritating beeping sound and a lot of people yelling and running into the room. What the hell is going on? My eyes move over to Tessa and I see doctors and nurses surrounding her."What is going on?" I ask summer."Her heartbeat is unstable and she stopped breathing." She says as they start pushing Tessa's bed out of the room.

Where are they taking her?

45 minutes later:

"Where is she now?" I ask Summer. It has been a while since they took her. "In the surgery room." She replies. "Is she going to be okay?""Hunter you know I can't answer that question." She replies. I put my head in my hands."Summer?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a pen and a piece of paper I can use real quick?" She nods her head and takes out a pen and paper from the drawer behind the counter.

"Thank you."I go back to Tessa's empty room and I sit down on the chair next to the bedside table and I start writing.

Dear Tessa

I'm so sorry for what I have put you through this last couple of days and I hate myself for it. You're not like the other girls. I know it sounds so cheesy but its true. The other girls were only using me to make their ex's jealous or because they thought that it would be cool to date me because I'm "popular" but you're not like that. You're sweet, kind and you actually cared about me. You had a chance to run but you stayed. For me. I just wanted to take you out on a nice romantic date. I had roses and candles set up in my room because I wanted to ask you to be my girl but then this happened. I'm bad for you and you know that. What is a guy like me doing with a girl like you? You deserve so much better than me. I love you so much. Much more than you think and hopefully one day we will see each other again. When all of this is behind us and we are both happy but I doubt that I will ever be able to be happy without you.

 I love you Tessa.