CHAPTER 1

Today is another day, a new day to start fresh and forget about the past. "Here we are!" my mother says as we pull into the parking lot of my new university.

I can't believe the day is finally here. It's the start of my new life, the life I have dreamt of since if been a little girl.

"Aww my baby is all grown up!" my mother says pinching my cheeks. "Stop it mom, you are already embarrassing me and I just arrived." I say and we both giggle. She hugged me and I hugged back. "I still remember the day you turned 4 and we bought you your first bike, now that was a long night at the hospital." We both start laughing as she brings up my childhood memories.

We are still hugging and I just know she is crying, and then again when doesn't she cry? She is a very emotional person.

"I love you mom." I say to the woman who I love the most in the world, the one who raised me to be the woman I am today. "I love you too darling." She says and at this point she is full on sobbing on my shoulder. "Please don't cry, if you cry I'll start crying and that won't be a very good first impression now would it?" I say wiping a tear from my mother's soft pink cheeks.

"I can't believe this day has come, you grew up so fast." My mother is still crying. "I'll always be your baby girl no matter how old I am mom." I say hugging my mom again. I and my mom are really close; we have one of those unbreakable mother and daughter bonds.

"Okay I think it's time for me to go." My mom says pulling away from our hug. To be honest I don't want

her to go. I watch my mom get into the car and wave goodbye. Reality finally sinks in when I watch my mom drive away.

....

After getting my keys for my dorm room I make my way up the stairs and down the hallway. When I open the door I can't believe my eyes.

"Tessa? Is that you?" the brunette girl asks. Without saying anything I drop all of my bags on the ground and hug her with all my strength. I haven't seen Jessie since we were in 9th grade. Her parents decided to move because her dad got some kind of amazing job opportunity. We were best friends. "How are you, where have you been all this time?"

"Well I just found out I have an amazing roommate and I have been living with my parents in New York since we moved, and now I'm back in LA. How about you?"

"Well I have been living in the same old house that I have been living my whole life and I missed you so much!" I say hugging her again. "How long have you been here?" I ask her. I saw her unpacking her bags so I suppose she hasn't been here very long.

"Only a few hours ..." knock Knock we are interrupted by a knock on the door. "I'm coming..." Jessie says while walking over to the door. She opened the door and I picked up my bags and placed it on my new bed. I will really need to get an apartment but first I need to get a job. "I was sent to show you girls around." I hear someone with a very strong British accent say.

I turn my head to see a brown headed angel. Okay, Maybe I'm overreacting on the angel part. He has beautiful green eyes, the kind you can just get lost in.

"How about an hour from now?" he says. "Yeah, sounds great, see you then." Jessie replies and she elbow me. Why did she do that? The angel...I mean guy walk away from the dorm room and Jessie closes the door. "What was that all about?" Jessie asks with a smirk plastered on her face. "I don't know what you are talking about." I lie. "Come on I saw how you were looking at him." I roll my eyes and walk back to my bed. "So what are you wearing?" I look at my outfit that I'm wearing. It is perfectly fine.

"No, not happening, you want to impress him don't you. I have the perfect outfit for you." She says and starts digging through the piles of clothes on her bed. "Jessie, I don't even know this guy, so why on earth would I want to impress him?" I ask her with a raised eyebrow. She

pulls out a white dress behind her back "I'm not wearing that." I don't think it would even cover anything.

"Please-" I stop her before she could say anything else.

"No Jessie! You really need to calm down with this whole matchmaker thing you have going on because you are not very good at it, besides I don't even know his name so why would I even want to date him." I say with a raised eyebrow.

"I guess your right but I want to be your bride's maid when you finally decide to marry him." She says with a sassy attitude.

"Yeah, let's just find out his name first." I say and we both start laughing.

Word count:902