Chapter 13

Tj POV

Today the hospital was letting me go. It wasn't a good day at all. My mom was off and came to pick me up. I picked up my stuff and walked out to the nurses desk where my mom was waiting. I stood behind her looking at the floor anxiously for what was to come next. As we walked out of the hospital the despair was falling on me and enwrapping itself around me like a blanket. When we got in the car she put the key in the ignition then looked at me. "What you did was stupid and irresponsible. That that is a damn sign you have a problem in here" and she pointed to my forehead signaling my mind. 

"You are taking the easy way out trying to do that. Goddamit tj your jus like your father! " she shouted. " is that so bad?" I asked whispering. She didn't reply so I finally asked the question I wanted to know. "If you hated dad so much why did u marry him& have us? " I asked. "It ain't that hard to figure out. I got pregnant with you and your dad had lots of issues" she stated. It still hurt to hear but I shut down and forced myself to forget. I had to forget it otherwise it would break me. I didn't need that. 

Laycee POV
I got home from practice ready to see tj. So I prepared dinner and I heard the door open and footsteps. I ran up to tj anticipating a hug but he sidestep me and went to his room. I followed behind and was shocked he locked his door. "Tj" I knocked on the door. "Please u can close it but don't lock it" I stifled a sob. I heard footsteps and he unlocked it then said "please knock first " he asked. "Ok" I replied " I love you bro" and with that I walked to my room. I finished up homework, cleaned my room but through it all I could not ignore the worry that rose higher with each second that passed within me.  

Tjs pov

As the evening went by I was just couped up in my room. Every second that passed was too long and I dreaded living. I hadn't thought about calling dr Goodman yet. It was too soon - not even too soon I don't plan on seeing her. I lay in bed all day sleeping - my escape from everything. I couldn't bare walking out of this room - explaining it all. The new me is what laycee calls it. I dont blame her but I'm not going to do this with my mom. "Its not a crutch and even if I am gay- I wont deny it to everyone around me I'll just be sure no one brings up the topic" I thought. I tuned out my thoughts and put my headphones in. Yet of course before I pressed play laycee knocked on my door. "Tj, I'm making dinner, it'll be done in 5 mins " she said. " I'm not hungry- put it in the fridge. " I mumbled. Little did she know I was just going to throw it out. Ive lost my appetite - no denying it. 

Cyrus POV

Ever since I saw tj at the hospital I was hoping things were looking up for tj. I kept messaging him but he hadn't seen them. I got a video call from buffy and I answered it. "Hey cyrus" buffy said smiling. " I know were supposed to talk about math but we need to talk for real" Buffy said. 

I hesitated but I agreed. "Ok" I said. "How are you? " she asked me. " I'm really worried about tj. I'm scared buffy" I replied honestly. "I never thought tj would even be capable of that. He always seemed so confident. " buffy told me. "I am actually having a small soft spot for him" she continued. " I keep thinking andi said tj didnt want me to get hurt" I began as I teared up. "Cyrus, don't do that to yourself" Buffy asked me. 

"No tj was right - hes hurting and I am too " I said. "I'm sorry cyrus. I see tj means alot to you. So when he comes around and you admit you still like him and he likes you. I support the both of you" she smiled. "Its like you read my mind" I laughed drying my tears. "But I'll still kill him if he hurts you" she laughed. "Too soon buffy" I said . "my mistake" Buffy said. "You think I'll ever get another chance with tj? " I asked as I finally started my homework. Buffy looked at me with a stern face, "cyrus, trust me you will " she encouraged me. i finally started to feel that things were going to look up.