Chapter 32

Andi's POV

Upon hearing what Cyrus exclaimed I was happy for him.

Then Buffy looked at him then me then back at Cyrus.

"Uh cyrus that's sweet and all but wasn't that too soon?" she asked him.

Cyrus happiness faded from his face as he looked at us.

"I don't think it is soon" cyrus replied to buffy with an uncertain face.

"Andi what do you think?" she turned to me. I looked at buffy then at cyrus and my head was spinning.

I took a deep breath and I thought about it out loud.

"I think cyrus and tj are the only ones who can know what they feel. I don't want to take away cyrus happiness.

But, at the same time maybe it is rushed- it was Christmas, tjs finally in a good place, who knows what will happen when tjs in a dark place again? "I asked.

Cyrus face clearly shows how hurt he is. "How dare you ask that?" he said plainly through clenched teeth.

He started walking towards his house and we trailed behind. "Cyrus will you please listen to us? " buffy asked.

Cyrus turned around stopping us in our tracks. The anger that fumed shocked us both.

"If tj has another episode? I hope and pray not! Did the both of you forget I have psychologists for parents?".

As he said that I regretted even questioning it.

Cyrus pov

What was spewing from their mouths just caused me anger.

"someone whose been through depression whether its situational or inherited doesn't deserve to be abandoned when they are at their lowest. When it gets worse I stand by him - not leave him!" I yelled.

Buffy and Andi didn't say a thing.

They were looking at the floor and I couldn't stop fuming and so I paused for a moment and I kept speaking.

"Look I know you two mean well but please stop. I know tj wouldn't try to hurt me on purpose, ok? believe in my choices and me and that I know what's best for me." i said really fast with no regrets.

"I'm sorry cyrus" andi said and she took a step forward and hugged me.

"Tjs really lucky to have you " buffy whispered and joined in on the hug.

As they stood back I gave them a smile, "go get your outfits ready, ok?".

They laughed and headed towards Andi place. Although they apologized I hadn't forgiven them yet.

I walked in and dialed tj. He picked up on the second ring, "hi underdog".

"Not so scary basketball guy" I giggled in the phone as I lay on the couch staring at the ceiling.

"Tell me how are you? Really? " i asked hoping for a good answer.

"Well, there is something bothering me but can we talk about it tomorrow? I wanna enjoy my evening with you, ok? " he asked sounding sad.

"If that's what you want I will not pry it out of you" I understood and I got a worried feeling sneak up on me.

"Hey don't you worry about it. Its new years Eve - it'll be fine" tj reassured me. I could hear him moving around and shuffling through his room.

"What are you doing?" I asked really curious. Tj laughed "dont worry bout that- you've got a date to prepare for, goodman" he sighed and even though he said I shouldn't worry - I was.

"I'll see you later sweetie, but, let's walk together. Ill pick you up. "He told me, i agreed and we hung up.