Chapter 25

Laycee pov

As Bex drove Tj and I to his psychiatrist I was worried as I stared at him. Tj had not stopped holding onto me in a hug. "I love you sis" he whispered as he dried his tears. He continued speaking louder so bex could hear, "my thoughts scare me alot. I feel strange". " I'm sorry tj" I told him - I didn't think of anything more to say. " I'm glad you are seeing the Dr. She will help"bex said looking at us from the mirror. We made it and bex dropped him off, " call when your ready to come home ok? " she said surprisingly. "I will" tj smiled. He walked up the steps and knocked as we pulled out. " we laycee are going to have a chill day with andi"& I was happy feeling like bex and andi were sisters I never had. 

Tjs pov

After a minute of waiting cyrus answered the door. " tj is everything ok? " he asked pulling me in a hug. I embraced him with a softness, "sorry I didnt respond. Ill explain in an hour". "Hour?" Cyrus asked puzzled. " tj nice to see you made it" Dr goodman said walking up to us. "Oh ok. Well its still good you came by" cyrus smiled at me. " thank you muffin" I replied headed upstairs to his moms office. I went in, sat down, and was at ease again. Dr Goodman closed the door behind us and sat across from me at her desk. She smiled at me, chuckled, "your nickname for my son is muffin? ".  I laughed and explained the endearment to her. It was sweet to know Cyrus mom liked me for her son despite being a patient. When all was done she cleared her throat and said, " so why the emergency session? ".  I braced myself and explained it all from leaving my moms, living at Andis place, and the suicidal thoughts. 

"Are you regretting leaving your moms place? " she asked me. "No I am not. I just hate that my sister came with me"I hesitated. "Hate? Why?" Dr goodman asked simply. "She should've stayed, lived there happily, safe, and at home" I explained to her my guilt."did she tell you she felt safe and happy at home? "Dr goodman asked. I thought about it for a minute and realized I never asked her why she came with me. "Is it possible that she feels safe and happy with you and that's why she left with you?" Dr goodman looked up at me after taking some notes. "I didn't think of that" I replied seeing a new perspective. 

"Now second; how are you coping with the depression?" She tried to get to the real topic slowly. "It is a relief and its scary to know why I've been feeling this way" I explained. Continuing I told her about the gun incident and the voices. "I keep thinking I should just die and be done with it all but I know I shouldn't but the words and voices are burned in my brain" I confessed. "So what did you do when you saw the gun?" She asked me. " I froze - I didnt move. I couldn't"I replied. Dr goodman explained its a good thing and that soon with learning new coping mechanisms it all will be easier. That the voices will become whispers I can barely hear. I was relieved but I have to really take her advice and now have three sessions a month. 

As I walked out I turned around and thanked Dr goodman for this. "I work you know I don't want cyrus to keep paying for me" I told her. "Don't tell me that- tell cyrus. Hes been happy doing this for you ever since he saw you at the hospital " she patted my shoulder and it came to me. I went downstairs and there he was on the couch. I flew down the steps and jumped on the couch and hugged cyrus. "Whoa whoa "cyrus was shocked. I looked in his eyes and we smiled. "I am the luckiest guy in the world " I confessed to cyrus. "Why?" he replied with a smile. "Because I have the sweetest boyfriend ever" I kissed his cheek slow. " that is why" I exclaimed. Cyrus didn't stop smiling. "I can't wait until Christmas "cyrus said gleefully. " speaking of would you want to come with me to the mall? I have to do Christmas shopping " I said. 

We walked the couple of blocks hand in hand to the mall. I picked up a dress for laycee, perfume for amber. I got some cool boots for bowie, a painting for andi, and a amethyst necklace for bex. I walked out of this store with cyrus and told him "well I'll meet you back here in thirty mins". "Going shopping now for a special someone? " he asked with a grin. I looked at him sweetly and pulled him in for a hug. Then kissed his forehead and stared in his eyes. I brushed his cheek lightly with my fingers and then a lightbulb went off!! I know what to get cy for Christmas! "See you back in thirty right? " cyrus asked me. "Nope make it twenty "I laughed and watched him walk into a small thrift store.