Chapter 18

Tjs pov

The pain was still fresh ever since my attempt but since opening up to cyrus, andi, and buffy- it was an easier load to carry. I still hadn't bothered opening texts from Michael or Ronnie. I didn't want to know what was going through their minds so I picked up my phone and called Andrew. "Tj what's up man? " he said happily. "Andrew - hey I still owe you an explanation for what happened today at breakfast." I explained. "Look you dont have to. I got quite an earful from Ronnie and Michael" he told me. I winced knowing how this would go - south. 

"Tj man I'm sorry I had no clue you had been in the hospital. I would've been there. Also, were they right when they said u like goodman? " he asked cautiously. "Yea. Im into cyrus; I'm gay Andrew. "I said unsure of his response. "Well bro if u ever wanna double date with me and Lexie; your both welcome. You know kippen if you wanna talk more I got you. Mike and Ronnie - forget them ok? We may be dudes but our minds are worth treating well like our physical health" he told me. I was floored by his words and grateful. "I needed to hear that Andrew - you have no idea" I said feeling completely happy. "You know I got you ok? Your my bro plus I can take the claim as the best one " he chuckled. "Hey , why's that? " I asked chuckling. "Bro, cuz I remember what a mess you were two years ago - I guess those other idiots forgot about 6th grade. I was there then and I've got you now" Andrew answered exhaling hard. 

"Dude, please don't try to end it again if you feel horrendous again. Another day will come thats just as bad - call me ok man? " Andrew told me. "Thanks for still sticking by me " I responded. "You are stuck with me kippen. Remember that " he laughed. "But for real though; cyrus goodman, kip? " he chuckled. I was laughing and said, " well yea i got a soft spot for him"I told Andrew. "Makes sense though - your protective of him & the nickname? Bro, i cant believe I didn't notice it" he told me. We continued our banter for another fifteen minutes and hung up when his mom called for dinner. This conversation went better than I expected. 

i went downstairs and I gave laycee a hug. "What was that for? " she asked as she handed me my plate. " no reason" I said shrugging. I was feeling ok this evening as I ate with laycee. I knew one day I'll have to confront my mom again but I couldn't yet. I don't know if I could handle another setback and I didn't need it right now. I got laycee, Cyrus, amber, andi, buffy, and now Andrew. I don't want to think about that just yet. I smiled at laycee and things were calm. " wanna watch a movie? " i asked her. "Yes! " she yelled running to choose one. Its been awhile since we had so why not? I asked myself.