Chapter 38

Cyrus POV

After the doctor took a look at me in the emergency room I demanded that the nurse let me see tj.

She took me down the hall to the ICU.

I had cold chills as the last time I was here to see tj was after he tried to kill himself.

My heart was hurting in my chest for tj.

Everything was going in slow motion for me and all the noises and the voices were not registering in my mind.

The nurse who was a foot taller than me, had red hair, and green eyes stopped and turned around.

"Look, you said you were family, right? " she asked me.

"Yes, he is" I heard laycee from behind me say.

"Tj is recovering well ; we just need him to stay for a few days until he heals" she stated.

After she said that she pointed to a room and said, " he has the window bed" and walked off.  I turned to laycee and hugged her.

"Cyrus omg are u ok? " she whispered. I nodded my head yes "I'm fine- I'm worried about tj" I replied and we walked in together.

I walked up to tjs bedside and took his hand in mine.

"Tj how are you? " laycee asked with a worried look in her eyes.

"I'm in pain but drs say I'll breeze through the therapy since I was already an active person" he replied with a smile.

Tj looked at me and smiled even wider. It was strange - even under the scars and the bruises he was smiling.

"You ok tj? " I asked a little unsure what the smile was about.

"Hand me my phone will ya? " he asked me. I did just as he asked and handed his phone to him.

As I handed it to him, he looked at me and said, "you trust me, right? " and smiled.

"Yes, i do" I said and smiled back at him.

"Always, right? " he asked me. This worried me but I knew that he was asking for my unwaivering trust and support. For what? I had no idea.

Tjs pov

I can't lie to myself the voices again were trying their hardest to persuade me to give up.

Persuade me that this was all my fault.

I felt a throbbing pain in my chest but I willed it to stop.

I needed to step up and take control of me again. Not my suicidal thoughts or my clinical depression.

I picked up my phone and as soon as cyrus told me he trusted me I knew this plan needed to be set in motion.

Funny, Dr Goodman told me that only I could will myself to be "me".

I had forgotten who that was, tbh.

Then it hit me as I sat here with scars and bruises - yea I'm cyrus bf, laycees sister but I am tj mother**cking kippen.

If I had the willpower to come out to my mom, take her beatings, run when things got outta hand, stand up for myself when the team wasn't there when I was suicidal I damn well have the willpower to be ME!

I was the school's bully, i had everyone fear me, and you know what? I will be again.

I texted Andrew.

Me: hey come see me - in hospital.

Andrew: dude again??!! I swear if u tried to off yourself ---kippen!